Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on– demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year– over– year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
We are looking for a Presentation Designer to assist with the design of high priority presentations, sales proposals, and Toptal collateral that will have visibility across the business. This candidate will help our teams to deepen client relationships and tell amazing stories through visually engaging presentations. To be successful in this role, you should excel at simplifying the complex, validating and visualizing information, and storytelling through design and copy.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
The Presentation Designer plays a pivotal part in creating magnetic, eye– catching presentations used for executive presentations, sales enablement, corporate marketing, and internal communications.
- Crafting presentations for sales proposals and high– level client presentations.
- Designing and producing impactful visuals and presentations that help tell a story.
- Synthesizing information and re– imaging the content in a visual narrative.
- Ability to work collaboratively and iteratively with non– Designers while maintaining ownership of design quality.
- Interpret, and in an engaging manner, communicate marketing messages and complex data, utilizing content, diagrams, charts, and infographics.
- Design, create and share reusable templates leveraging masters that are user– friendly and speed up production.
- Ensure projects meet technical requirements, objectives, and timelines while upholding the brand standards.
- Lead projects directly liaising with various stakeholders to provide strategic guidance.
- A great team player with a client– centric focus and ability to build strong and effective working relationships with colleagues and clients alike.
This role is highly collaborative and you will be expected to work extremely closely with our Sales and Revenue Operations teams to fulfill the above responsibilities.
The successful candidate for this role has a demonstrated capability to:
- Work in a highly collaborative way.
- Operate in a fast pace, high– growth environment.
- Be comfortable with rolling up sleeves to do the work, and demonstrate traction.
- Walk in the shoes of your audience in order to understand their problems, develop/execute an approach to solve them, and articulate the solution in a clear and compelling way.
In The First Week, Expect To
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal; meet your colleagues.
- Learn about Toptal’s history, culture, and vision, with a focus on the state of our industry, the Future of Work, and the core messages important to Toptal.
- Shadow critical teams throughout the organization to learn Toptal’s core operations and capabilities.
In The First Month, Expect To
- Begin developing relationships with key leaders and stakeholders across the organization.
- Dive deeper into the operations of key teams (e.g., Sales, Practices) across the company.
- Understand the brand guidelines along with access to resources to accomplish your work.
- Demonstrate your ability through delivery of one or two pieces of work.
In The First Three Months, Expect To
- Be a well– integrated member of the organization with positive relationships in Sales (Enterprise/SMB), Practices and Marketing.
- Be proactively driving small and large creative projects.
- Take greater ownership and direction of your work.
In The First Six Months, Expect To
- See an impact from your involvement in early initiatives.
In The First Year, Expect To
- Feel like you made the best decision of your career.
- Increase the growth rate of Toptal materially.
- Contribute to and influence the wider Toptal strategies for presenting to customers.
- 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience in creating and delivering beautiful & tactical presentations in the professional services industry and in a marketing / sales context.
- Confidence in thinking outside of the box to ensure successful user & client experience.
- Track record of taking the ambiguous and transforming into concise, powerful storytelling through copywriting and visuals.
- Demonstrate excellent presentation examples within your portfolio.
- A visual problem solver—you dissect complex information to simplify and abstract it for easier audience digestion and are able to make a presentation not look like one.
- Demonstrable content/copywriting experience.
- A pro in MS Powerpoint and Google Slides, masters, templates and themes.
- Expert with the Adobe Creative Suite (photoshop, illustrator etc) and/or similar pixel and vector tools.
- Experience in the design of illustration, images, icons and infographics with strong abilities in layout design and typography.
- Experience producing designs for print and interactive documents is a plus.
- Motion, video, and/or animation skills is a plus.
- A sharp eye for detail, including spelling and grammar.
- Discern and consolidate visual design feedback from multiple stakeholders.
- You have gravitas and are able to work under your own initiative whilst effectively managing workloads and client timescales.
- You must be a world– class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
For Toptal Use Only: #LIREMOTE #west #midwest #ussouth #northeast #canada