ABOUT DESIGN @ THE MANY:
The Many’s multi-disciplinary Design studio is in charge of turning our creative ideas into tangible thumb-stopping visual executions. These range anywhere in between social and paid digital assets, to large scale OOH, packaging, web design, and the development of visual brand identities. Our mission is to challenge comfortable by creating industry leading design work that goes beyond trends and expectations.
Our Graphic Designers balance creative thinking, interpersonal skills, and client expectations to translate concepts into exceptional visual design systems. You are able to adapt to the teams around, you don’t expect them to adapt to you. You overcome creative challenges with smart and strategic design solutions; you have the ability to find and build equity in brand and campaign identities; you can evolve and push design both visually, conceptually, and strategically.
You are comfortable with both the conception and execution of design direction for various clients. Your experience has given you the ability to understand a brand’s tonality while developing and embracing their style guides. You possess strong composition skills, a superhuman eye for detail, a great understanding of typographical hierarchy and grid systems, and can comfortably composite and photoshop imagery together to create unique photo-centric assets. You are up for the challenge when it comes to leading a project, using that experience to take those projects to the next level by pushing your design talents. You have the ability to both present work internally to our teams and externally to clients with your strong perspective on design direction.
The Many offers a great leadership opportunity for you to showcase your skills as a mentor, as a designer, and as a valuable team player.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work in great synergy alongside creative teams to help concept, mood board and visually solve for client and campaign needs.
- Execute design direction to produce multiple options for compelling results in both print and digital deliverables, on time and within budget.
- Aid in leading and crafting the creation of multiple campaign deliverables, which may include various resizes and formats in a fast-paced and highly organized fashion.
- Collaborate fluidly with creative team on ideation, exploration, concept development, and final execution in both print and digital deliverables
- Responsible for mentoring and leading designated junior designers, as well as being available to provide constructive criticism and guidance to maintain consistent creative quality and craft award-winning design work.
- Helps the Director of Design manage the design staff, as well as help review staff.
- Proactively develop new ways to inspire and harness creative thinking
- Maintain consistent communication with Project Managers to ensure that all. milestones and expectations are being met within scope boundaries.
- Self-track time to ensure scope boundaries and timely delivery to clients.
- Support design team in general, including brand research, strategy assessment, stock photo searches, oversight of internal and external presentation decks, general design support, etc.
- Ability to lead pitches from a design perspective
- No task is too small or large; at The Many we are passionate without ego
WHAT YOU’VE ALREADY DONE:
- Minimum 2 years design experience in a creative ad agency or studio with demonstrated results in a variety of formats (POS, OOH, social, branding and brand redesign)
- Proven expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Photoshop and Illustrator and Google Presentation Products. Figma and/or After Effects knowledge is a huge plus.
- Demonstrated high degree of proficiency in typography, color and visual composition is essential
- Strong organizational skills and hold a strong overview of the project and take responsibility for key elements
- Approach work with an open, flexible outlook and a focus on best results
- Calmness and coolness in the face of tight situations
- Professionalism and a confident, collaborative approach to client-facing and colleague interactions
- Able to discuss and present design work with clients and peers, both in face-to-face meetings and within email (or project management software)
- Amazing presentation skills with the ability to think conceptually
- Flexibility to work with ever-changing timelines within strict global deadlines and scope/budget
ABOUT THE MANY:
The Many is an internationally-awarded, integrated, independent advertising agency that believes progress is only achieved when we challenge what’s comfortable. Its offices overlook the Pacific Ocean in Los Angeles and the Atlantic in Boston, yet its team spans the globe with a virtual-first work culture that taps the best talent, regardless of location. The agency applies a diversity of thought, people and disciplines to its work, which ranges from integrated campaigns and breakthrough design, to social movements and world record-setting activations. Rounding out its services, the media and analytics group uses data-driven decision making to ensure effective results regardless of the output.
In 2020, The Many made the shortlist for Campaign US Agency of the Year, and has also been recognized as one of Adweek’s Fastest Growing Agencies and Ad Age Small Agency of the Year, three times. Its work has won at Cannes, One Show, Shorty Awards, Clio Awards, LIA, D&AD, Andys, and PromaxBDA. For more information visit TheMany.com and follow @TheManyAgency on Twitter , LinkedIn and Instagram .