At Saltbox, we believe that operational excellence turns strong brands into great companies. For far too long, digitally-enabled companies working with physical goods have been pushed to the fringes of the entrepreneurial ecosystem. We’re here to change that. Within our purpose-built warehouses, we offer flexible workspaces and logistics-enabling solutions that help e-commerce companies start, grow, and scale.
Backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in the world, we are opening locations across the U.S. Founded by experienced executives in real estate, logistics, customer success and technology, we’re on a mission to ensure that every entrepreneur has a place to call home.
Saltbox is home to a diverse group of team members building something from the ground up. Saltbox differentiates itself by enabling each individual to drive a huge impact for the organization while offering them flexibility, remote work options and career advancement opportunities. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place!
What We’re Looking For
We’re on the precipice of significant growth of our real estate footprint, and are looking for an ambitious and self motivated Workplace Designer to help drive the design for our purpose-built spaces.
As a member of our Product team, you’ll manage the design direction and execution of our core offering and how that connects with operational workflows, onsite services, and new product concepts. You will manage the design direction and represent our brand voice on projects from the due diligence phase through project completion. You are motivated to elevate the member experience, are comfortable multitasking and bring a collaborative approach to pushing the boundaries of design excellence.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience designing/working in one or more comparable commercial environments.
This position is remote, but will require travel to project locations.
Who You Are
- User focused: Relentlessly push to improve the user experience through thoughtful iteration and leveraging knowledge gained in real time.
- Holistic thinker: Define design direction by tying together program and operational requirements with a cohesive brand story. Bring design oversight to the project execution process by working cross-functionally with the Real Estate, Operations and Construction PM team.
- Passionate about design: Drive design excellence through project coordination and leading external design partners as a brand champion.
- Technical: Knowledge of building codes, ADA compliance, design and construction delivery phases (from concept design to construction oversight and building opening) and the procurement process.
- Get things done: Detail oriented, highly organized and strong analytical and problem solving skills with an emphasis on driving decisions.
- Agile: Balance multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment with competing priorities.
- Workplace Expert: Support our real estate team in assessing new locations from a design perspective and managing the test fit process. Understand how people work and the unique requirements of an industrial setting.
- 5+ years of experience in workplace design
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- Proven experience delivering a commercial project from conception to completion (including MEP coordination)
- Understanding of commercial furniture specification and procurement processes
- Proficient with CAD and Adobe Design Suite tools
- Willingness to travel to project locations as needed
- Procore experience a plus
What We Offer
Saltbox strives to do everything we can to support our team members. We strongly value creating an environment where our employees are healthy and happy. Because of this, we are committed to generous benefits including:
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k plan
- Company-sponsored long and short term disability and life insurance
- Paid time-off, sick time and paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Team building retreats, coffee chats, and meal perks
- Job training opportunities, learning and professional development budgets
Join Saltbox. Our mission is to make logistics approachable, accessible, and efficient for all. Listen to what human-centric logistics means to our members. Learn more.