ABOUT THE MARKETING STORE AND HAVI
The Marketing Store is a global customer engagement agency that brings people and brands closer together. Our community of creators, thinkers, inventors and doers deliver award winning work and products that reach over 110 million customers every single day.
Our parent company, HAVI, is a global, privately held company that delivers expertise and experience across analytics, packaging, sourcing, supply chain and logistics. They offer data-based insights and services that combine a strategic, long-term view with an unmatched commitment to execution.
TMS/HAVI requires all of its US based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.
WHAT’S IN STORE FOR 2021: GROWTH, OPPORTUNITY, EVOLUTION
It’s an exciting time to join our business as we commence an integration of The Marketing Store and HAVI Sourcing business operations.
Alongside award winning promotional agency services, The Marketing Store delivers global category management services to our biggest client – McDonald’s. More specifically to the McDonald’s Happy Meal product business. HAVI Sourcing provides similar category management services to McDonald’s, among other clients, for consumer-facing packaging, uniforms and health and safety requirements.
In an effort to maximize numerous sourcing-related opportunities, grow our business and evolve our organizational efficiency, we are integrating our sourcing capabilities and activities into one entity. This enables us to align our skills and expertise, unlock the potential in our shared talent, provide access to a wider range of career opportunities and ultimately better serve our clients and customers.
and other amazing premiums. Not only will you help craft and ideate characters and programs, but you’ll be able to watch your visions come to life, from start to finish.
As a Toy Designer, you’ll help families explore new worlds and interact with fanciful characters and stories in exciting and unchartered ways, putting smiles on the faces of Millions of kids around the world.
With a love of “solving” and a deep appreciation of childhood, you are keen on examining the factors that engage kids and sustain their level of enjoyment, in the ways that they ‘Play.’
You nerd out on and have an appreciation of and love for toys, pop culture, games, and movies—and understand how toys stem from them. Known to bring an eager and collaborative spirit to the table, you are equally comfortable leading or supporting– as tasks dictate.
Provide high-level design principles and advanced illustration skills in the creation of high-concept, on brand, high-impact 3D Kid’s TOY Product, Packaging, POS, and presentation materials.
- Generate strong, strategy-based, design/illustration solutions and champion them with enthusiasm
- Help direct creative development from start to finish, ensuring that it meets and exceeds Clients’ and Licensing Partners’ expectations and objectives
- Render presentation-level Concept drawings that illustrate our ideas to Clients and Partners
- Assist CD and CCO throughout the creative development process; from start-up to presentation; act as inspiration at the concept level and throughout every project assigned
- Contribute concepts for share in internal ideation reviews
- Assist in planning for client presentations and meeting deadlines
- Participate in creative reviews and take follow-up action
- Participate in client presentations as directed by CD
- Work closely with account, planning, production and business support to develop and implement concepts for all product presentations
- Work to provide new approaches for creative exploration, and deliver innovative ideas and solutions based on program briefs
- Consistently monitor projects to ensure presentation deadlines are met; help determine project priorities and share resources as needed
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 4+ years of experience in a design and illustration within a promotional marketing agency/toy company preferred
- Strong Conceptual thinker; able to generate new and engaging ideas with a strong eye towards a ‘never been done before’ approach
- Ability to champion ideas at all levels
- Excellent illustration and drawing skills, both traditional and digital
- Adobe Creative Suite [Photoshop], Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Outstanding communications skills (written, verbal and visual)
- Strong awareness of retail trends; specifically, those related to Children’s Toys
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and inter-personal skills
- Experience with, or understanding of Z-brush or Freeform 3D modeling programs is a definite plus
- Ability to concept new product ideas based on specific design parameters and aligned with established marketing strategy; pricing and safety constraints; and activating targeted Kids Play Patterns
- Demonstrate an understanding of product design, manufacturing, merchandizing and promotions
- Possesses an awareness or appreciation of the following:
Children’s Toys; Licensed Properties
Pop Culture: Kid and Family films; Cartoons; Comics
US based employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination is required.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION STATEMENT:
At The Marketing Store and HAVI we encourage all our people to ‘Bring Your Own Voice’ (BYOV)! We prioritize building an accessible, equitable and inclusive culture that cultivates belonging. By investing in this culture alongside professional development, we aim to empower our people to produce their best work.
We, like many others, are on a journey to become a deeply inclusive organization. Recognized as producing innovative, inclusive products and services and as a top place to grow. As such, we continue to learn and un-learn, inclusively amplify the voices of all people and restlessly evolve.
If you want your ideas heard, to grow authentically and to contribute to an inclusive and forward-thinking culture – then bring us your voice!
We are The Marketing Store.