Sr. Writer, Medical Information – Evidera
- We are looking to fill this role remotely, in any of these locations: UK, Spain, France, Italy, Sweden
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll discover meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life – enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We provide our teams with the resources needed to achieve individual career goals while taking science a step beyond through research, development and delivery of life– changing therapies. With clinical trials conducted in 100+ countries and ongoing development of novel frameworks for clinical research through our PPD clinical research portfolio, our work spans laboratory, digital and decentralized clinical trial services. Your determination to deliver quality and accuracy will improve health outcomes that people and communities depend on – now and in the future.
Location/Division Specific Information
Effective communication of evidence and information is essential to conveying the value of products. With approximately 20 years of experience, our highly trained staff provide medical writing services for the peri– and post– approval phases of the product lifecycle, helping to create a consistency in quality and voice. Our writers prepare documents that are clear, concise, compelling, and scientifically accurate, while also ensuring they are fully aligned with regulations, industry standard processes, and your corporate guidance.
Discover Impactful Work
In this role, you will provide high– quality medical and scientific writing from planning and coordination of literature search through delivery of final drafts to internal and external clients. You will provide technical consultation and advice on strategy, regulations and industry best practices. As a Sr. Medical Information Writer you will demonstrate subject matter and therapeutic area expertise. You’d have to effectively manage medical writing projects to deliver quality products in agreed timelines. You will collaborate with internal and external clients, supporting and enabling effective and efficient communication that results in operational excellence.
A day in the Life:
- Independently researches, writes, and edits standard medical information writing materials (global or regional standard response documents, custom responses, and FAQs) across various therapeutic areas; Independently writes more complex medical writing materials. Provides senior review of documents and training/mentoring for other writers.
- Handles all aspects of planning, organizing, and completing projects without supervision, including: developing project timelines, standards, budgets, forecasts and contract modifications. Identifies and raises out– of– scope project activities in a timely manner and proposes solutions. May lead several long– term projects concurrently.
- Interacts with internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between functional areas.
- Normally receives little instruction on day– to– day work, general instructions on new assignments. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Represents the department as a prime contact on projects including Project Launch Meetings, Review meetings, client audits, bid defenses, and capabilities presentations. Establishes and develops client relationships. Assists with business development and development of budgets and proposals.
Keys to Success:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field or equivalent and relevant formal academic/vocational qualification.
- Proven experience as a Medical Information Writer that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 5+ years’).
- Experience working in the pharmaceutical/CRO industry preferred.
- Additional qualifications in medical writing (AMWA; EMWA; RAC) advantageous.
- Ability to accurately work with, manipulate and format numbers, numerical information, and data of various types to provide evidence, information and insights.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and document information effectively in written English, including the ability to produce reports, documents, emails and other written pieces.
- Able to analyze complex issues and evidence, identify cause– effect relationships and generate effective solutions.
- Able to create, communicate and handle effective project plans that support the delivery of overall project objective(s); to identify, lead and guide project team members; to monitor and report on progress in an organized fashion; and to deliver the required results.
- Demonstrates sound professional judgment in analyzing, responding to, and resolving enquiries, issues and customer concerns.
- Able to facilitate the resolution of conflict among team members and clients, through listening and understanding the cause(s), gaining agreement on an appropriate course of action, and following up to ensure a successful outcome.
- Excellent computer skills and skilled with client templates; Good knowledge of document management systems and other relevant applications (e.g. Excel, Outlook).
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
- Normal and routine office duties.
- Domestic and international travel may be required.
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement – working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory with PPD, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1– 855– 471– 2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
- This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non– disability related technical issues will not receive a response.
- only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
<!– – AI CONTENT END 1 – – >