Alexa is Amazon’s voice– first AI, present in over 100 million Alexa– enabled devices. As devices continue to integrate more deeply into our lives, Alexa Human Effects (HFX) seeks to raise the bar of what is considered a compelling customer experience. We are a paradigm– changing, generative practice that investigates intrinsic anatomical, biomechanical, neurological, perceptual, and cultural parameters, and codifies this intelligence into Alexa hardware, software, and wetware.
We are looking for a Senior ML Conversation Designer to join a multi– disciplinary design team envisioning, investigating, crafting and designing compelling devices and interfaces that delight our customers. You will have the freedom (and encouragement) to experiment, improve, invent, and innovate on behalf of our customers in green– field projects. From inception through launch, you will be a design owner, responsible for delivering ambitious concepts, and using data and research to iterate and improve, translating needs and constraints into simple, intuitive, customer– focused solutions. You will define concept and execution, articulating end– to– end experience, and drive that vision into solid design deliverables such as user interface designs for voice and screen, interaction models, design specs, and prototypes.
The ideal candidate will have experience with early– stage product development, and be passionate, focused, and relentless. If you have drive to innovate across modes of UI and existing and emerging devices, join us in developing the next generation of Alexa experience.
- Drive voice design from initial hardware concept through final implementation, working across our team, as well as with partner teams across Amazon
- Initiate and drive investigations to identify and define new concepts and solutions
- Leverage Machine learning as an underlying driver of the user experience
- Develop and maintain detailed design specs for how voice and graphical UX will converge
- Communicate, specify and prototype design concepts, solutions, to share with senior executives
- Lead customer advocacy and integrate user research into the product development process
- Contribute to the group’s best practices for voice design while continually advocating design thinking, process, and craft throughout our organization
- Partner with development teams to build experiences and review finished interfaces (voice and screen) throughout the development lifecycle, maintaining a high bar for design and execution
- 6+ years of design experience
- An available online portfolio
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Computational Linguistics, Design, Linguistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Cognitive Science, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Professional portfolio of voice design work
- User experience design experience including data– driven analytics and a working understanding of speech and language technologies.
- Ability to prototype conversational voice experiences
- Experience working cross– team and synthesizing feedback and input from product management, engineering, and marketing.
- Experience working on projects from inception to shipping product.
- Experience presenting to and advising senior management.
- Experience working with speech recognition and natural language systems
- Experience with designing for wearables, hearables, or auto infotainment devices
- A proven track record of strategic leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully deliver projects of significant scope and high complexity
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to clearly convey new concepts
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous situations and undefined problems.
- Experience conducting usability and contextual research with users
- Super passionate about emerging technology, experience design and creative innovation
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company – Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1920455