Come Science With Us!
Our team thrives on building meaningful relationships with leading science experts and helping students achieve their highest levels of success. With that comes the unique opportunity to touch lives across the across the world and experience first– hand the difference your hard work makes. We’re looking for a Sr. Editor to join our team. This is a remote position and can be based anywhere within the United States.
How can you make an impact?
The Sr. Editor will be responsible for developing content for a prestigious digital science reference product as part of a small editorial team.
What You Will Be Doing
- Building and managing a network of subject matter experts (SME) consisting of college faculty as well as professional scientists and engineers in specific subject areas.
- Following progress in assigned subject areas and working with SMEs to curate content within a digital database.
- Regularly reviewing existing content in subject areas for needed updates and corrections.
- Soliciting manuscripts from SMEs and editing those manuscripts to an appropriate reading level for college undergraduates.
- Writing short, engaging articles on timely science topics that direct the reader back into the database’s related resources.
- Locating and/or specifying and minor editing of visual resources to support new and existing content.
- Using various digital content management systems to edit and publish content of excellent quality.
- Building and maintaining collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders and external suppliers, including sales and marketing staff, copyeditors, proofreaders, and compositors.
- Working with acquisitions editors to develop appropriate book proposals and oversee correlations to the digital product.
We’re Looking For Someone With
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Five + years of experience in science journalism, science education, or scholarly publishing.
- Proficiency working within digital environments.
- Project management experience plus strong interest in/knowledge of biology, biochemistry, or biomedical sciences.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills, as well as experience with scientific writing that may be complex or technical.
- Attention to detail and a dedication to factual accuracy.
- Knowledge of basic HTML, digital image editing skills, familiarity with online video publishing, and an understanding of issues associated with web accessibility.
As an education innovation company, we’re proud to play our part by inspiring learners around the world. If you bring your curiosity, we’ll help you grow in a collaborative environment where everyone shares a passion for success.
Are you ready for a new challenge? Apply for a career at McGraw Hill and together, we’ll impact the world.