Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
The Managing Editor of Education social media will support the growing Social Media team in an exhilarating role that leads strategy and planning and leads the execution on social initiatives for multiple channels including Facebook, Facebook groups, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for the Education, Live and Med Affairs team. The Managing Editor will have an intimate understanding of these platforms including all of the features and functionality of each. This person has daily responsibilities that focus on growing the audience and engagement for each of the active accounts and activating new accounts as needed. This person will also have responsibility for driving traffic to the site and CME content and events.
The Managing Editor will be highly motivated, enthusiastic, and have strong communication and project management skills.
- Implement an overall social media strategy for the department in line with stated goals. This will include an evaluation of processes, current strategies, available assets and integration with the larger Medscape social media team and strategies.
- Execute daily social media content posting for the departments across social media platforms including Facebook, Facebook groups, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and emerging platforms. This includes evaluating site content, writing posts, associating appropriate images and scheduling to the correct accounts at optimal times.
- Collaborate with creative and digital teams for asset approval and delivery on a timely basis
- Collaborate with stakeholder groups for priorities and integrate with the larger social media strategy for the entire company..
- Manage daily, weekly, monthly and yearly social calendar including scheduling across all platforms and copywriting and image selection
- Follow guidelines, style and timing for calendar
- Activate and make full use of all engagement functionality of each platform with a specific focus on building audience, engagement and traffic back to our digital platforms.
- Act as an advisor and expert to the team to advise on best practices, opportunities and risks.
- Adapt calendar to take advantage of trends and highly engaging topics
- Interact with audience to build a strong, highly engaged, brand– loyal community on each of the platforms
- Project manage the development of new and engaging content including short form video assets for all social platforms infusing with fresh identity and audience trends
- Assist in developing influencer outreach programs that support overall brand awareness as well as key product launches
- Project manage social programs from conception to implementation on timeline; this includes various medical conferences, lives and other types of events.
- Stay on the cutting edge of social innovation, including monitoring direct competitors as well as innovative non– medical community trends and best practices
- At least 5 years of experience working in social media, influencer marketing, communications, media, editorial or related digital media field; health and medicine experience strongly preferred
- Strong writing skills
- In depth knowledge of medical topics and medical specialties a plus
- Knowledge of how the medical community uses social media a plus
- Deep understanding of all social platforms functionality
- Early adopter of social trends with a passion for innovation
- Creative problem– solver who is solution oriented
- Excellent project management skills
- Extremely organized, detail– oriented, and can multitask in a fast– paced environment
- Strong copywriting skills with ability to quickly adopt, shift & evolve editorial tone of voice; editorial or copywriting experience mandatory
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate effectiveness of content and programs
- Strong creative judgement to recognize engaging, and on– brand content (visuals/copy)
- Well– versed in digital media and social media tools such as Sprinklr, Crowdtangle
- Proficient technical skills in Excel, Photoshop and Premier,
- Video edit/production, photo edit, infographics design skills a plus
- Ability to collaborate effectively
- Passion for the medical field
- Required/Preferred Languages: English but French, Spanish, Portuguese or German a plus