Alexa is the voice– first, multimodal personal assistant AI available through over 100 million devices and growing. Alexa is always getting smarter and developing new capabilities to become ever more helpful. While Alexa can interact naturally with everyone, there are now more and more ways to connect, of course through voice, but more and more through screens. Alexa is in our homes, in our cars, in our ears and out in the world not just connecting through conversation but alerting when things come up. Choreographing these interactions, mental models, and allowing Alexa to switch between modes and interactions depending on context and ability is a wicked new challenge for us and the design field.
This role is part of Alexa’s Personality. We are a cross– discipline design team that works vertically and horizontally across Alexa to support core Alexa experiences and services as well as develop and innovate into new areas. Our team includes designers, strategists, and researchers. We support Alexa with key user insights, help develop the standard for new interaction, design pattern languages and design systems, as well as work at the the heart of the most innovative new experiences. We are the dreamers and the teachers working in areas that are fundamental to the future of Alexa.
We’d Love To Hear From You If
- You enjoy diving into unknown territory and help invent simple, elegant solutions to complex design problems, often with no clear precedent in today’s world
- You are great at finding simple, elegant ways to solve for unmet customer needs within a complex space
- You are a design thinker and maker who envisions and crafts holistic solutions for users
- You love crafting groundbreaking experiences that create deeper customer relationships
- You are an empathic design leader who flourishes when collaborating closely with other disciplines and partners to bring UX and Visual Design ideas to life
- You have an exceptional portfolio illustrating shipped, consumer– facing projects
- You are a self– starter who thrives on ambiguity and is comfortable wearing many hats
Responsibilities: – Create end to end CX for our Alexa customers expanding the vision of how people interact beyond just voice
- Work with the Alexa CX and Device Design leadership teams to help set design vision and direction for Multi– modal Alexa experiences
- Deliver detailed design documentation and refined design systems to developers and partners
- Participate in the design of useful, usable, and desirable experiences in a team environment
- Partner with product management and development, to champion the creation of user– centered designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, professional expertise, metrics, and usability findings
- Develop and manage the development of conceptual diagrams, wireframes, blueprints, visual mockups, click– throughs, and prototypes
- Present design work to stakeholders, and Amazon executives for review and feedback
Key job responsibilities
We Are Looking For a Designer Who Can
- Create conceptual diagrams, user flows, natural dialog flows, wireframes, prototypes, and user interface specifications for voice– powered multimodal products, e.g. web, mobile, screen devices, wearables, voice, motion.
- Work with product managers, scientists, and engineering to assess and optimize new and existing interactions.
- Present design work to the design team, product team, and business leadership.
- Confidently defend design rationale used to create solutions in design reviews with product managers, engineers, scientists, and user research/usability partners.
- Research and validate customer needs through user research and user testing.
- Communicate clearly and think quickly.
- Thrive in a nimble, start– up like environment.
- 6+ years of design experience
- An available online portfolio
- Bachelor’s degree in design, human– computer interaction (HCI) or equivalent professional experience. May be substituted with significant industry experience and accomplishments
- Demonstrated ability designing for complex, global experiences
- Experience planning and executing effective customer research, solo, or in partnership with a Researcher.
- Familiarity with common design patterns for Web, Android, and iOS
- Experience of creating conversational interfaces
- Experience of using voice as an input
- Experience designing UX that bridges multi– platforms including mobile apps, web– based applications, and desktop apps
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- A sense of humor, pride in your work, and the ability to gracefully give and receive feedback.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company – Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A2014146