Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on– demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year– over– year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Toptal is looking for a Senior UX Writer to join our Growth Product team. This person will be responsible for developing impactful, conversion– focused copy for all Toptal products and platforms.
Successful hires will be extremely well versed in UX writing best practices, SEO best practices, in product conversion principles, experienced in writing world– class product content geared for growth, and have the ability to achieve this while maintaining the brand voice and natural communication across all platforms.
In this role, you will work cross– functionally with a team of Growth Product Managers, Product Designers, Engineers, and Marketing Strategists to strategically communicate Toptal’s narrative and drive action.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Help lead Toptal’s growth product content strategy across Toptal’s public site.
- Continuously elevate the quality of product copy, making sure it is backed by credible facts, conveys clarity of thought, and is compelling and action– inducing for an intelligent, driven audience in alignment with Google’s E– A– T (expertise, authoritativeness, trustworthiness) guidelines.
- Work seamlessly with the Growth Product and SEO teams to ensure that growth principles are applied to all UX and product copy.
- Ensure that content adhered to conversion best practices and is maximally optimized for SEO performance, particularly in regards to target keyword and subject inclusion.
- Write, edit, and test all copy on Toptal’s site, platforms, and portals to exceptional UX, E– A– T, growth, and SEO standards.
- Use data to ensure all produced and edited product content leverages the maximum known and measurable context of the audience’s journey, the success metrics for the content, and the SEO ranking optimization of the content.
- Collaborate with Product Designers and Growth Product Managers to ensure that UX writing and content is tailored to achieving the specific key results associated with the given project.
- Work with UX Research to test and iterate on micro– copy within the product to improve conversion.
- Develop content tailored to Toptal’s various audiences, including Clients and Talents.
- Define and apply product copy standards, ensuring that all users have a clear, consistent, and compelling experience.
- Contribute copy to the development of clear and concise product specs.
- Provide leadership, direction, and mentorship to other UX writers. Educate cross– functional partners on the role of UX writing and content strategy in the product development process.
We’re Looking For a Candidate Who Is
- Growth– oriented: You are inspired by the challenge of writing authoritative content that in turn, is designed to inspire positive action and intent while using the specific language and SEO keywords that the audience is searching for.
- Versatile: You are comfortable handling a wide variety of topics (Engineering, Design, Technology, etc.) and can apply E– A– T, SEO, and conversion best practices across all of these topics.
- Organized: You are a capable multitasker, able to manage workflows, good at sticking to timelines, and willing to set expectations around deliverables.
- Proactive: You are motivated, willing to chase down the information you need when you need it, and are not easily dissuaded when obstacles get in your way.
- Detail– oriented: You sweat the details, leverage data, are comfortable working with a style guide, and take great pains to ensure your copy is clean before you hand it off.
In The First Week, Expect To
- Onboard into Toptal.
- Integrate yourself into the Growth Product team by meeting with each member individually.
- Immerse yourself in your first growth product and UX content project.
In The First Month, Expect To
- Meet other teams across Toptal that you’ll work with.
- Complete several content projects and get a better feel for the type of work you’ll be doing.
- Clarify and pressure– test different processes and workflows you’ll use when collaborating with other functions.
In The First Three Months, Expect To
- Become fully integrated into Toptal.
- Have completed several initiatives that you’ll be proud of.
In The First Six Months, Expect To
- Strategize how to scale the work you do as Toptal grows.
- Have helped launch a new app and other exciting product features and enhancements.
In The First Year, Expect To
- Be seen as an integral member of the Growth Product team at the company for all things related to the UX copy on Growth Product and on E– A– T and SEO standards in UX copy generally, while pushing the limits of what people believe is possible in regards to quality, and consistently upleveling them.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Human– Computer Interaction, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience working as a UX Writer and/or Product Content Strategist for digital products.
- A strong creative mind and a consistent track record of connecting UX content strategies to business growth objectives.
- A passion for inspiring confidence and trust in users through product copy.
- A deep knowledge of SEO content tactics and best practices.
- Ability to think about and write product content focused on nuanced technical concepts relevant to development, design, and finance and liaising with SMEs in these fields to produce content. Technical writing experience is a plus.
- Experience working with an in– house growth product team, including working with UX/UI Designers and information architecture, to achieve product success collectively.
- Ability to work with partners to understand detailed requirements and build copy flows for complete user experiences that meet stakeholder needs and vision.
- Outstanding clarity of thought in communication and analysis, and the ability to explain complex user experiences in simple terms.
- Ability to visualize strategic product solutions and bring them to life with copy.
- You must be a relentless, creative problem solver who is unwilling to compromise on the clarity and impact of copy.
- Strong understanding of the components of compelling, action– inducing communications.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, as well as perfect grammar and command of the English language.
- You must be a world– class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal.
For Toptal Use Only: #canada #uk #europe #southamerica #easterneurope #individualcontributoreurope
<!– – AI CONTENT END 1 – – >