The largest business and financial news site in the world, with unrivaled access to data, insights and original editorial content.
Yahoo! is seeking a Senior Social Media Editor for Yahoo Finance. This role will drive our social media programming on all key platforms. Ideal candidates should have a deep understanding of social media trends, including traditional and emerging platforms. Candidates should be passionate about financial news, a social media subject matter expert and have a strategic and creative understanding of how to package and present social content to create engaging, clickable, shareable and on– brand social posts.
- Manage, ideate and program Yahoo Finance’s major social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn and emerging platforms as well
- Knowledge of content framing, packaging and demonstrated success in driving traffic and new audiences via social platforms to O&O sites as well as growing engaged and loyal audiences on social media platforms
- Quickly optimize and post breaking news on multiple social platforms
- Upload videos from our video production team on social platforms
- Stays up to date on current industry trends, evolving strategies and works constantly with editorial, creative and video teams on ensuring all types of social content are following current best practices
- Ability to help conceptualize and execute original video and live streaming ideas for social platforms
- Work closely across Yahoo’s Audience Development team to share and execute on best practices
- Partner on content with the Editorial newsroom team both daily and in planning for big events
- Clip video from our Yahoo Finance Live broadcast as well as other sources to post on social media platforms
- Ideate unique call– to– action campaigns or other creative strategies to promote content and engage with users
- Collaborate with sales team and platform contacts around sponsorship ideation and execution
- Monitor performance analytics and use them to help inform content and strategy; track success against team and company OKRs
- Coach and mentor other team members around social media programming
- Demonstrated success in news judgment. Identify content that resonates on specific social platforms and grow audiences in terms of volume, loyalty and demographic diversity
- Understand and execute social best practices in all aspects across all major platforms (scheduling posts, programming video, content promotion, etc.)
- Strong interest and knowledge of news and current events. Financial news knowledge preferred
- Strong writing skills and voice
- Strong grammar and communication skills
- Strong time management skills with obsessive attention– to– detail; able to succeed working individually and as a team
- Excellent decision– making skills and ability to work in a fluid environment with a high level of autonomy and ambiguity
- Interested in helping support the growth and development of teammates and demonstrates leadership and coaching skills
- Ability to stay organized and deliver results on time in a fast– paced environment while juggling multiple projects or responsibilities
You Also Should Be:
- At least 3 years running a social media account for a newsroom, finance organization or brand
- A team player who can multitask and work across multiple groups to partner and collaborate on multiple initiatives
- Professional and effective communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to build relationships and credibility with internal and external stakeholders
- Committed to ensuring the security of company social media accounts
- Google Suite experience preferred
- Ability to produce/edit video and create graphics for social platforms using Adobe Creative Suite a plus but not required
- Able and willing to work flexible hours, including weekends, as needed depending on news and financial events
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact– us.html) or call 408– 336– 1409. Requests and calls received for non– disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.
US Only: Please be aware that Yahoo requires all employees entering a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events) are required to be vaccinated for COVID– 19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain and show proof of a vaccination to enter a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events). Yahoo is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.