Sportskeeda – For the hardcore sports fan
Fans don’t just follow the sport, they feel it – the pain, the passion, the guts, and the glory. When we at Sportskeeda look at sports fans we don’t see a crowd; we see you. We’re one of you, and we strive to keep you on top of every possible sports trend by creating engaging and insightful content at lightning– quick speed.
Established in 2009, Sportskeeda is a global sports content platform that covers the world’s biggest sports and esports subjects and serves over 100 Million fans every month. Our passionate team comprises top content creators from around the world who produce hundreds of well– researched content pieces on a daily basis.
We are a Great Place to Work certified organization, with employees and contributors working from various corners of the globe.
Experience: 6– 10 years of experience
Role: Full– Time
Sportskeeda is looking for a Senior Editor to lead its Sportskeeda Wiki team.
Google has changed how we follow sports and stay informed as fans. Fans are more curious than ever and want to know everything about their heroes on & off the field, favourite teams, records, history, etc. We want to create a one– stop destination for fans seeking information on everything ranging from Ronaldo’s career records to his family background; from LeBron’s business ventures to his championship rings; from Manchester United player wages to the club’s all– time highest scorers. We will be ready with the answers even before the fans can finish typing their question.
We expect the candidate to lead a team covering multiple sports ranging from Cricket to American Football. You must be a passionate sports fan who understands fan motivations that apply to any sport and can create content accordingly
Fake news, sensationalism, plagiarism, and unreliable reports are increasing in frequency in sports and across the content industry. You will be quick on the foot and will be an expert in eliminating these landmines.
You will remain objective and yet have ideas to mentor and foster editors, writers and drive positive change concerning quality.
This is a hands– on role and we need someone fast, accurate, and has strong judgment.
The candidate will have the following key responsibilities:
– Define the editorial plan for multiple sports and build a team of editors, writers to roll it out
– Create content that readers find easy to consume, informative and makes them want to come back to SK
– Ensure all content is up– to– date by deploying resources to maintain these pages as per a well– defined plan
– Work closely with the Analytics team and respective sport’s Content Leads to identify new trends, topics to be added to SK Wiki
– Daily sample check of articles. Writer and editor feedback and improvement plan
– Working with different sports teams to meet the monthly content volume targets (from good writers)
– Editing of 50– 100 most important articles every month.
– Encouraging better titles of the articles. Improving virality of articles.
Essential Skills & Experience Required:
– 6– 10 years of experience in the content industry
– Should have an entrepreneurial mindset.
– Must have prior copy editing/proofreading experience
– Ability to work independently and a proven track record of delivering results
– A fast learner with a positive outlook towards a target driven work culture
– Must have prior experience leading a team and managing large scale projects involving multiple stakeholders.
What’s on offer:
– Be a part of an Indian sports team that is disrupting the Global sports publishing scene
– Work remotely or from our office in Bengaluru. The choice is yours
– Best– in– industry salary, perks and incentives. If we grow, you grow with us
– Work with a team of writers and editors from India, US, UK and other countries