Resolve to Save Lives is a global health initiative that aims to save millions of lives by reducing preventable deaths from cardiovascular disease and to prevent infectious disease epidemics. Resolve to Save Lives (RTSL) is housed within Vital Strategies. Since September 2017, Resolve to Save Lives has worked closely with low- and middle-income country governments, the World Health Organization, academic and other civil society partners to build capacity for and implement a core package of interventions to reduce cardiovascular disease.
We believe our programs are strengthened when they are developed and supported by individuals with diverse life experiences, whose understanding of social and cultural issues can help make our work and workforce more inclusive. We encourage applications from and provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Resolve to Save Lives complies with all applicable EEO laws.
Overall Role :
Resolve to Save Lives seeks qualified candidates for the position of Senior Editor. Reporting to the Vice President of Communications and serving as a member of the communications management team, the Senior Editor is responsible for elevating the impact of Resolve’s work by developing compelling stories to share lessons learned, secure additional funds and inspire our team and partners. The Senior Editor should have a deep understanding of our organization’s programming, fundraising, communications, and advocacy objectives to oversee the production of captivating stories for several audiences, including the general public, donors, partners and staff. Key responsibilities include information-gathering, writing/editing, curating content, leading the development and implementation of dissemination strategies by platform and audience, and evaluating reach and response.
The Senior Editor will be responsible for managing and disseminating content across several web platforms and using data to determine our web content and email dissemination strategy. He/she will also support our online communities of practice and contribute to their creative audience engagement strategies. Finally, the Senior Editor will work with Resolve staff globally to package stories for use in donor communication, internal communication products and Resolve newsletters and email marketing. The ideal candidate should be passionate about improving the health and livelihoods of people around the world through storytelling. This full-time position is currently remote. The incumbent will be expected to convene routinely for team meetings in the United States.
Key Duties and Responsibilities :
- Storytelling Lead:
- Work closely with Resolve’s content, media and country teams and key program staff to learn about and help identify program activities and objectives, newsworthy moments and upcoming communication product launches. Develop and implement strategies to share these stories across web and social platforms, with donors, with staff and with external stakeholders through email marketing
- Re-package content to maximize reach across communication platforms
- Write stories and/or manage freelance writers to develop content promoting Resolve’s impact globally and in our program countries
- Web Content Lead:
- Develop and lead web-based content strategies for optimizing new communication projects. For each communications project determine web content needs and dissemination strategy that supports broader communications and marketing strategy
- Use analytics to determine the best way to engage users, increase traffic, and measure brand awareness. Develop, pitch and implement new web strategies to improve the user’s experience and understanding of Resolve content based on analytics, and respond as needed to ensure brand alignment
- Leverage SEO, keyword research, information architecture, and usability best practices to deliver targeted content
- Proofread and edit written pieces before publication
- Donor and Internal Communications Point of Contact
- In collaboration with staff on our Operations and President’s Office teams, provide content for various communications products such as donor reports, annual reports and internal newsletters
- Support HR and other teams to write and/or edit internal communication products, such as monthly staff profiles
- Contribute to donor and internal communications strategic plans
Required Experience and Skills :
- Exceptional writing skills and attention to detail
- At least ten years of experience as a content manager, web writer or content editor
- Experience in creating and implementing strategic communications plans (from research through measurement/evaluation) and in designing strategies to meet organizational objectives
- Experience crafting editorial calendars and in adapting content for promotion across platforms
- Expertise with managing online platforms: content management systems for web, e-newsletter services, and social media
- Experience using web analytics and social media monitoring/measurement tools
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and handle multiple deadline projects
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, creative writing or similar
- Self-starter with a positive attitude
- Experience in the global public health field, including ideally in LMICs
- French and/or Spanish fluency is a plus