The Mission: Endeavor Business Media is a rapidly growing US-based B2B media and events company founded in 2017. Endeavor’s mission is to deliver the highest-quality content in the B2B markets we serve and to do so in the various, multi- channel formats that today’s industry professionals demand. From informative e-newsletters to in-depth monthly magazines to curated in-person events, Endeavor Business Media is committed to providing the best opportunities for professionals to stay knowledgeable and connect with marketplace colleagues that drive their industry forward.
The Team: Endeavor places a high importance on its data-driven core values of accountability, continuous improvement and being passionate about value creation in an environment that maintains minimal politics, directional clarity, high productivity, and low turnover among good people. These values are adopted at all levels of the company across every sphere and give the company its operational advantage. Our departments and operating businesses have autonomy and place a high value on meritocracy, with a commitment to providing individuals with opportunities for growth and development.
Work with the Publisher to maintain the magazine’s charter and its editorial position in the market that it serves, reviewing the market and the magazine’s position on a regular basis. This includes developing and maintaining the publication’s style and peer reviewed status. Addresses the areas of organization and coordination needed to ensure editorial materials are articulate, accurate, understandable, and useful to the audience, both readers and advertisers
Responsible for planning the focus for the issues that align with the editorial calendar and supports our sales abilities. As a journal covering healthcare practices, it is necessary to carefully review all sources of materials, including from contributing editors outside Endeavor for verifiable information. Inaccurate information could potentially harm our readership and/or the patients they work with.
- Solicit articles from subject matter experts in the hospital professional management and clinical fields that meet editorial calendar topics slated for each issue.
- Create, edit and proofread content for this national journal.
- Oversee layout, appearance and content of articles.
- Attend and support sales staff and clients at 3-6 industry trade shows annually.
- Organization and coordination focus on implementing the day-to-day plans of the publisher as well as the philosophy and long-term plans of the magazine.
- Aggregation of content for the daily newsletter while following all legal and copyright parameters and Literary agreement forms.
- Designing, preparing, and maintaining accurate contents charts used by editorial and production for each issue.
- Working with staff and contributing writers to ensure materials are accurate, on schedule, and complete, such as correct information, figures, and author’s biography.
- Ability to interview contributors, accurately write up that information and finalize articles that are informative and accurate.
- Ability to participate/moderate webinars and other virtual events.
Education and Skills:
- Bachelor of Science in English, Communications and or Science/Medicine.
- 5+ years’ experience as a staff writer, assistant editor, or similar position.
- Knowledge in gathering information/reporting abilities and basic layout and printing processes.
- Ability to reflect the mission and philosophy of the magazine.
- Proficient with: Word, Excel, e-mail, Web and Social Media.
- Ability to travel to trade shows 3-6 times a year including some weekends.
- A pathology, lab, MD, nursing background is beneficial.
- Applicants should have a proven track record in the field of journalism/publishing, either as a journalist and/or an editor or a strong medical background.
- A strong commitment to high-quality writing and scholarship is essential.
- Candidates should also have excellent editing, writing and reporting skills; demonstrated ability to manage, develop, and engage effectively with outside clinical healthcare professionals; strong knowledge of print and digital publishing best practices; the ability to execute multiple assignments under tight deadlines; and the ability to plan and develop strategies to support the publication.
We offer competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k), generous PTO & paid holidays. For consideration, please complete our online application and send cover letter, resume, and salary requirement.
Endeavor Business Media is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, compensation, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status.