Senior Editor, Guides
Our team is seeking a new member who can expand IGN’s game strategy guides by leading our coverage of popular and trending games. IGN’s editorial team is made up of all kinds of people that share a common love of games, TV, movies, comics, tech, and all things geeky. We strongly encourage people of every race, gender, sexual orientation, and background to apply.
What does that mean exactly?
- Create and manage guide content for frequently updated games with high player counts, with a focus on making the most helpful pages, videos, maps, and tools for players..
- Plan guide projects, recruit freelance experts, and work closely with freelancers to edit their work.
- Collaborate with our analytics and SEO teams to experiment and find new guide audiences.
- Brainstorm new guide tools and strategies for coverage, and collaborate with the product and engineering team to bring them to life.
- Collaborate with the homepage and social team to ensure top guides are promoted across our many platforms.
- Collaborate with the senior video producer of guides to develop a video strategy to accompany the written guide projects you lead.
What skills and talents are we looking for?
- You have experience assigning, project managing, and editing helpful content, including game strategy guides.
- You have the coolest personal organizational system out of anyone you know (that can apply to complex strategy guide projects).
- You’re a member of online communities that game together and want to help others explore games they love as much as you do.
- You have experience working SEO terms and phrases naturally into your work so it reads well for our primary audience: Humans who have questions about games.
- You have experience working with game developers and PR.
If you think this sounds like the job for you, please apply here and make sure to provide a resume, and cover letter. (If you’re having any issues uploading multiple documents, feel free to combine them into one.)