Dice is the leading career destination for tech experts at every stage of their careers. Our client, Locus Recruiting, is seeking the following. Apply via Dice today!
Locus is a nimble, experienced consulting team specializing in information security, cloud computing, networking, and infrastructure. We have extensive experience delivering technology solutions in the Network, Cloud, and Security arenas to some of the largest companies in the world. Candidates are treated like unique individuals, not a commodity, and our career experts are committed to understanding all aspects of a candidate’s wants and needs in order to find the best possible fit.
We take a full– service approach with our process, understanding our clients and candidates needs to find the right fit from a skillset and a cultural perspective. People are at the cornerstone of what we do, and we’d love to hear from you.
Locus Recruiting is hiring for a full time 6 month contract to permanent Fiber Designer/Engineer.
Pay Rate: $34 to $38/hr (Based on experience)
Benefits: Locus offers medical, dental, vision, life, 401k and paid time off to all full time employees
The Large Project Fiber Engineer is responsible for the solution and design of physical fiber paths across the Zayo network in support of providing fiber– based services. Projects may encompass high volume large projects including FTT and various ring designs, fiber inventory management, Greenfield builds, technical splicing solutions, network relocations, and capacity augments/grooms. Works with large data sets and formal project planning over a long– term period of months, or years. Manage the inventory of the Zayo fiber network through database tracking of fiber enclosures, fiber optic cable, conduit, building data, and more. Position will report to the Fiber Engineering Manager, with regular interaction from the Outside Plant Team, Network Inventory Specialists, Sales Engineering, and other Network Engineers.
- Design routes for fiber– based services including Point to point, Ring, and path diverse routing
- Researches existing databases, files, and records for purposes of network design, fiber optimization, and relocation of fiber facilities
- Delivers design solutions of fiber path and complicated splicing schematics to be performed for high volume fiber projects
- Ensures fiber plant database is current and accurate by inputting physical fiber asset data as well as fiber inventory and circuit assignments into the data management system, specifically GE Smallworld and Salesforce
- Ensures inventory of fiber utilization is accurate by maintaining inventory management database and maintaining both internal and external customer information as changes occur
- Assigns cable names, splice ID’s, and manages our Splice Activity & Order processes in alignment with our company and database standards
- Interface between various engineers and Zayo stakeholders as needed to validate project specifications, network growth, and delivery timelines.
- Establishes and maintains effective communications and professional working relationships with customers both internal and external
- Organizes workday efficiently to maximize productivity by utilizing proper time management techniques
- Assists in the accomplishment of company objectives by performing other related duties as assigned
- Well qualified candidate will have proven aptitude to prioritize tasks and timelines while cross functioning in a fast– paced environment independently.
- 4 Year College Degree in Engineering or equivalent Telecom Network Experience
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite of tools, in particular MS Visio and Excel. Knowledge of Salesforce.com platform is a plus.
- Must have prior experience in telecom and fiber plant install
- Must have prior fiber design experience that includes ring configurations, FTT projects, and various high volume site deliveries
- Knowledge of GIS– based platforms and fiber inventory systems. GE Smallworld experience preferred.
- Ability to correspond effectively with a variety of functional teams and strong interpersonal skills for supporting cross functional teams
- Proficient analytical, organizational, and time management skills, including the ability to effectively multi– task assignments
- Well qualified candidates will possess a work ethic that includes extreme attention to detail and strong organizational skills; including project management, effective communication skills while handling high volume projects, and proven ability to execute in fast– paced environments
- Successful candidates have ability to work quickly and efficiently without sacrificing data quality
- Must have Google Earth experience – understands how to produce a professional and detailed KMZ file and can interpret outside plant construction KMZ’s
This will be 40 hours a week with some overtime. Day shift Monday– Friday.
Locus is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws.