Talentify helps candidates around the world to discover and stay focused on the jobs they want until they can complete a full application in the hiring company career page/ATS.
Area of Interest
Are you a hard– working individual, looking for the opportunity to carve out a successful career and put down roots within an organization where the spirits of family and hard work share equal billing? If so, the companies of Hiring Company may be a good place for you! We are committed to rewarding skill, perseverance and an entrepreneurial attitude with opportunities for growth. Hiring Company has been around since 1955 and we have Employees that stay with us 20, 30, 40+ years!!
Intrigued? Read on to learn more!
We are currently looking to hire a EWP Designer that would be responsible for the design of I– joist (EWP) floor systems for single family construction. Works under general supervision; exercises little discretion and judgment on work priority on a regular basis.
- Prepare bids, layouts and engineered profiles using Mitek.
- Work with sales force to ensure that customers’ requirements are met.
- Design other components as directed by management.
- Maintain a good working relationship with fellow employees.
- Assist in training and development of other designers (as required).
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.
- Work closely with retail clients, builders, framers and developers to answer design questions and offer design solutions.
- Grow and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Place orders within our productions system
- Minimum of 3 Years as an I– Joist (EWP) Designer for floor applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of EWP engineering and layout software used in the design of trusses and the creation of layouts for single construction.
- Demonstrate the ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Minimum high school graduate.
- Preferred bachelor degree in related discipline or equivalent
- Working knowledge and experience using MiTek software is preferred.
- Working knowledge of floor and rood systems and the ability to spec out beams and hangars
Skills And Abilities
- Proficiency in the use of the English language in reading, writing and speaking
- Ability to read and understand blue prints
- Strong math skills
- Ability to use a computer, and proficiency of the use of MiTek and other business and design related software such as BC Framer.
- Ability to successfully interact with all organizational levels and the public
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, including customers, peers, and management
- Ability to manage several activities/projects at once, to organize and prioritize work, to meet deadlines, to prepare plans, goals and budgets.
- Ability to sit at a desk for prolonged periods of time, be mobile in the work environment, and work hours mandated by management.
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Self– managing; works well under little supervision
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Good interpersonal skills and good communicator
- Be a team player and support the Company’s goals
- Conducts in a professional manner