About the Team
TechRadar exists for one simple, essential purpose: to help our readers buy, enjoy and get the most from the tech they love.
We’re passionate about, and committed to, the idea that we can recommend the best products and experiences to people without being boring and dry; that we can write for a wide audience and still make every reader feel like we’re talking to them personally; and we you can entertain readers at the same time as informing them.
We strive to bring the most knowledge we can to any given recommendation, whether that’s hours of in– depth testing for new devices across a vast range of categories, or in– depth research on new and exciting ideas and products.
In short, if someone is interested in a piece of tech, we want to be their guide.
Our team is made up of talented and hungry writers and editors, all of whom love the tech they write about, and are dedicated to bringing their authority and passion to their fields of expertise.
Whether it’s finding the nuance of a popular product that nobody else has spotted, writing entertaining and spicy opinions on the latest ongoings in the tech industry, or helping our readers experience the buzz of getting a great deal on that phone, game console, laptop or TV they’ve had their eye on, TechRadar’s mission is to connect people with the tech they love.
TechRadar is one of the biggest and most trusted names in both tech journalism and the wider industry, and we’re looking for a passionate writer who can come in and quickly put their stamp on TechRadar’s flagship mobiles channel. We’re looking for someone with experience of writing about smartphones, tablets and smartwatches, and a drive to help develop and grow one of the best consumer tech publications on the planet.
Your role will be helping our readers to find their next smartphone, tablet or smartwatch (among other devices). This means you’ll need to be passionate about mobile technology, have a thorough understanding of how to exhaustively test the latest phones, (not just iPhones) and be the go– to person for recommending an upgrade with confidence and authority..
It’s not just about reviews – we need someone who’s equally comfortable writing breaking news, in– depth features and comprehensive buying guides, and who also has an eye for spotting and recommending a great deal on a product.
You’ll be writing a wide variety of new and compelling content, and making sure our buying guides and reviews are bang up to date as our readers need, as well as performing other editorial duties as directed by the Senior Mobile Editor. You’ll also be required to assist with the production of videos, podcasts and event coverage.
You can expect to be required to travel overseas to attend press trip and launch events, and when necessary to work weekends and evenings to cover key events (with prior consultation with your editor, and with time returned fairly and promptly where necessary).
The job requires someone with not only an eye for detail, but a hunger to be the very best on the web when it comes to writing about smartphones, tablets and wearables, balancing a raft of demanding but rewarding responsibilities in order to best serve our readers.
You’ll be a team player, adaptable, and relentlessly ambitious.
Key responsibilities :
▪ Your chief responsibility is to aim to be the world’s best mobile writer, constantly striving to produce the web’s best news, reviews, how– to guides, buying guides and more across the areas of smartphones, tablets and wearables. You will also:
▪ Target at least one exclusive story a month about mobile topics, or any story that you think our readers will love – so you’ll need the best contacts in the business and a nose for originality.
▪ Target regular longform smartphone features – best– in– class content to raise the profile of the mobile channel and showcase your writing skills.
▪ Help produce and maintain class– leading buying guides based on internal guidance from our audience development specialists – fusing the best recommendations with the smartest ways of getting content seen and read.
▪ Have a list of hot, critical topics that you’re constantly looking at to see how you can give readers breaking news and need– to– know information before anyone else.
▪ Build and maintain relationships with key PR and brand managers for some of the world’s biggest mobile technology companies. You’ll also be regularly meeting with brands, PR agencies, and anyone who can connect us to the products our readers care about.
▪ Write regular deals news around key, desirable products in your channel to help our readers grab the best smartphone for their needs at a price they wouldn’t have expected.
▪ Keep a keen eye on e– commerce opportunities in articles, and be an absolute authority during key buying periods for mobile products (i.e. Black Friday).
“this is a position covered under a collective bargaining agreement between Future US, Inc. and the Writers Guild of America East”
What do I need to succeed?
▪ Fantastic writing skills
▪ Experience of writing for online, preferably around mobile technology ▪ An ability to explain complex subjects in a clear and easily understood fashion ▪ A strong knowledge of the mobile technology market,
▪ The ability to produce in– depth, informative and engaging product reviews ▪ An A– list contacts book of relevant PR and brand managers ▪ A willingness to just get writing when you sense a good lead
▪ The desire to work in a news team that’s constantly aiming to set the agenda for what’s important
▪ An understanding of SEO and traffic data
▪ Excellent time management skills
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
We are Future
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
We’re Future. We’re 2300 colleagues over 200 brands speaking to 400 million people every month across the globe through websites, events and magazines. We haven’t just survived in 2020, we’ve thrived, increasing our audience share, taking more number one positions, acquiring new businesses and launching new brands.
And we don’t plan on stopping any time soon.
We’ve got an ambitious plan for 2021 that will build on our growth momentum and unlock new opportunities. We’re calling it Future 3.0 and we’re looking for talented people who want to be a part of it.
This is a position covered under a collective bargaining agreement between Future US, Inc. and the Writers Guild of America East.
Inclusion & Diversity
At Future we are passionate about ensuring that as a business, we are continuing to promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but everything we do.
Future is an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process will be free of bias and our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respects all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is underpinned by our values which will continue to ensure that all applicants, current and future employees are treated with respect and fairness.
We are continuing to be inclusive in our approach to flexible working, ensuring that we are making adjustments where required and providing our employees the tools and support to enable them to grow and flourish in their careers.