The Remote Medical Coder is responsible for assigning ICD– 10 and/or CPT/HCPCS codes as appropriate, and abstracts pertinent information from patient records.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assigns ICD– 10 and/or CPT/HCPCS codes, as appropriate and abstracts pertinent information from patient records
- Ensures optimal reimbursement of all cases in compliance with CMS policies and procedures and Official Coding Guidelines
- Implements medical center’s physician query process when code assignments are not straightforward or documentation in the medical record is inadequate, ambiguous or unclear for coding purposes
- Keeps abreast of coding guidelines and reimbursement reporting requirements
- Brings identified concerns to the Professional Recruiter who will direct as needed
- Abides by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association
- Adheres to Official Coding Guidelines, CMS policies and regulations and Medical Center’s policies and procedures
- Ensures client’s production and quality expectations are met
- Communicates professionally and effectively with clients, coding staff, and Maxim corporate staff
- Demonstrates effective time management skills by completing assignments within time constraints and calendar schedule
- Completes work assignments independently
- Engages in professional development activities to maintain professional certification
- Participates in orientation training activities and review material provided
- Completes production log daily
- Performs other duties as assigned/necessary
- Must hold at least one AHIMA Certification and have a preferred minimum of 2 years relevant coding experience
- Ability to effectively elicit/provide information to and from appropriate individuals (including, but not limited to, supervisors, co– workers, clients) via strong communication skills; proficiency in the English language may be required
- Computer proficiency required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
At Maxim Healthcare Group, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
- Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
- CO Specific Benefits: Medical/Prescription, Dental, Vision, Health Advocacy (company paid if enrolled Medical), Health Advocate Employee Assistance Program, Health Savings Account , 401(k), 401(k) Company Match, Profit Sharing, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Primary Caregiver Leave, Parental Leave, Life and Basic Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Voluntary Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Hospital Expense Protection Plan, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Home and Auto Insurance, Pet Insurance, Transportation Benefits, CommonBond, Educational Assistance Program, College Partnership Program, Paid Time Off/Company Holidays
About Maxim Healthcare Group
Maxim Healthcare Group has been making a difference in the lives of our patients, caregivers, and employees for more than 30 years. Our nationwide suite of services includes home healthcare, companion and behavioral care, healthcare staffing, and workforce solutions. Maximâ€™s commitment to customer service, compassionate patient care, and filling critical staffing needs makes us a trusted partner wherever healthcare is needed.
Maxim Healthcare Group is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.