Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion. Forbes has recently announced plans to go public and to be listed on the NYSE via a special purpose acquisition company (or SPAC). This will enable Forbes to further capitalize on its successful digital transformation, using technology and data-driven insights to create more deeply engaged audiences, through editorial, product development and strategic investments.
Forbes Vetted is seeking an experienced editor to manage kids & babies product coverage for our growing commerce editorial team. This role will be responsible for assigning and editing all Forbes Vetted kids & baby gear content, which will include product guides, gear roundups, retailer news, tested product reviews, Vs. posts, how-tos and product odes. You will work closely with the updates editor to optimize evergreen content as well as the deals editor to assign and/or top edit deals coverage. This role reports to the Forbes Vetted deputy editor.
This is a remote role with an option to commute to the Jersey City Forbes office if desired
- Full ownership of kids & baby gear product coverage, which includes maternity gear, baby gear, toys, kids clothing, nursery furniture, registries and more
- Recruiting and managing one staff writer and a stable of freelance contributors
- Editing all Forbes Vetted kids & babies content
- Participating in sales event planning and assisting with coverage
- Some writing and product reviewing
- Planning the edit calendar for your section, with guidance from the deputy editor and Sr strategy editor
- Assisting with social content creation for your section
- Tracking content performance against team and individual goals
The ideal candidate:
- Is an expert in all things parenting with impeccable writing, editing and reporting skills (required)
- Has a network of experienced health & wellness writers as well as PR contacts (required)
- Has a strong understanding SEO as well as affiliate / commerce content strategy (required)
- Has prior experience editing product reviews as well as testing products for hands-on reviews (required)
- Is user-focused and understands editorial independence, but can deftly balance this with the needs of the business
- Is eager to innovate and experiment editorially to help grow the Forbes Vetted audience
- Is a collaborative team player who can write and/or edit outside of the gear product category occasionally to contribute to the success of other editors and categories
Forbes aims to offer employees the flexibility they need in order to be successful. We offer a hybrid work schedule for our employees. Some roles may be remote (within the U.S.) if it aligns to the needs of the position. Any employee entering the Forbes office for business or social reasons will need to present proof of full vaccination, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.