Role: Integrated Designer (Social)
Level: Mid– level (minimum 5 years’ experience)
Location: South Africa (Remote)
Duration: 6 months FTC
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT THE ROLE:
MORE is expanding the team for our client, a global FMCG company with multiple international brands house– hold names in its stable.
MORE is looking to recruit an Integrated Designer to work on this account as a dedicated member of the team on a long– term contract basis. The team’s role is to service our client’s various studios globally, and requests range from POS, to static social posts, to banners for web (static and dynamic), to OOH etc.
This is a great opportunity to work within a new team, creating impactful communications across the world and developing design best practices for various brands.
A strong understanding of graphic design, typography and digital standards is as essential as the experience to execute projects of all sizes and complete them with resourcefulness and dedication.
The ideal candidate will be someone with good foundations in both print and digital, but with a desire to increase their involvement in digital projects, as this requirement grows. A good knowledge or history of work in social media is also desirable. You’ll ideally be from an agency background with around 5 years’ experience. The role is fast paced and responsive, working across multiple different projects and clients within the group.
You will form part of a team that delivers the following:
- Strategy – social and content
- UX and experience design
- Creative, copywriting and design
- Editorial and publishing, distribution
- Content production and post
- Paid and optimisation
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Working on projects from start to finish — working collaboratively across teams on ideation, asset creation and implementation.
- Producing creative design work with a clear rationale to accompany the work.
- Being a brand guardian.
- Creating print, POS, OOH, social media assets, videos, GIFs, memes, and different event and campaign collateral.
- Retouching of packs, lock– up design, layout and some illustration (iconography or elements for motion graphics).
- Using existing assets and stock imagery to come up with relevant and up to date content.
- Keeping up to date with current design trends.
- Creating work to the client’s brief and exacting standards.
- Developing an effective working relationship with colleagues and client, and provide excellent customer service.
- Effectively managing workloads within agreed timescales.
- Proactively monitoring quality, accuracy and consistency.
- Looking for ways to develop new design within the guidelines, marketing and production opportunities.
- Working proactively under own initiative and as part of the design team.
- Completing timesheets.
WHAT GOOD LOOKS LIKE:
- Strong working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite. Requirement is for competency in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and After Effects.
- Passionate about design & social media and understand the latest innovations in digital & social design.
- Love working in a fast– paced adaptable environment.
- Able to work both independently, and collaboratively within a team.
- Strong communication skills – able to express themselves clearly.
- Ability to adhere to internal processes, including following brand guidelines.
- Strong working knowledge of both digital and print marketing materials.
- Good eye for detail.
- Desire to learn and offer new skills (particularly digital) and do this without being prompted.
- Ability to accurately prepare files for both print and web and run the relevant pre– production checks.
- A background in social media implementation and creative.
We are looking for people who want to work closer with clients and brands, who are entrepreneurial and relish the opportunity to be a part of something new and dynamic.
Not essential but definitely an advantage:
- Experience in FMCG
- Multi– market experience
- Languages spoken (French, German, Dutch, Russian, Arabic)
A LITTLE BIT MORE ABOUT US:
MORE is a global production portal, part of the Inside Ideas Group. We are a global collective of creatives, technologists & production experts, creating and maintaining world class content in the areas of Film, CGI, Motion Design, Digital, Print and Technology.
We bring scale, expertise, and craft, delivering creative solutions to clients and brands across the globe.
Our reel: https://vimeo.com/337988475
OTHER ESSENTIAL POINTS TO NOTE:
As we are working remotely, it is essential that the ideal candidate have the following in place to ensure there are no delays on delivering work timeously:
- Back– up power supply, if necessary.
- Stable internet connectivity – fibre connection preferable (options can be discussed) in order to connect to remote servers as well as conduct virtual meetings daily.
- Should your application be successful, proof of qualification will be required.
- This is a snapshot of the responsibilities & desired deliverables. Other areas for delivery and responsibilities may be added or addressed during the period of employment. This document should not constitute as the sole indicator for responsibilities and delivery, but it can be used as a generic guide to help with managing your performance.