Dice is the leading career destination for tech experts at every stage of their careers. Our client, Aptly Technology, is seeking the following. Apply via Dice today!
Client is a design and research team working on the forefront of new experiences for our customers in search, maps, advertising, and news. We collaborate in a customer– driven environment where our decisions are grounded in responsible design, creating experiences that make the web a better place for every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. If you’re passionate about technology, have a knack for creative ideas, and lead with a growth mindset, we want to hear from you.
Client is looking for an Icon Designer to help bring our projects to life, we apply depth of talent in art and creative direction, visual design, and motion design to deliver the highest quality customer experiences through creativity, empathy, innovation, and vision. You should be a great communicator, have attention to detail, be confidently creative and efficient with workflows to drive for results. This is a friendly, fast paced collaborative team environment – you need to be able to adapt quickly to shifting priorities from multiple design and partner teams and help the team do the same.
Portfolio review is required and previous experience working at Microsoft or equivalent large company will help to be successful in this role.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Create quick prototypes to illustrate concepts and metaphors that further conversation and exploration for new product experiences
- Comfortable taking ambiguous metaphors and creating icons
- Can present work to PM/Dev and design
- Partner with product, content, and motion designers to create beautiful and inclusive expressive content that delights and engages our customers.
- Collaborate with art directors, producers, and strategists to ensure creative, logistical, and strategic goals are attained.
- Develop style guidelines, specs, patterns, or other deliverables to document the essential elements of a design solution for development or future use.
- With an obsessive eye for detail, to ensure quality fit and finish for product releases.
- 5 years of technical icon design and systems
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Figma (preferred) and/or Sketch.
- Portfolio to show variety of icon styles, expressive 3D icons examples is nice to have
- Passionate about solving complex problems and exploring new technologies related to design and design systems
- Understand, experiment and design for emerging technologies to create tangible solutions to meet customer needs
- Understands how various frameworks and technologies intersect with design
- Experience in planning and delivering work independently in a collaborative, multi– discipline team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communication, Industrial Design, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with brand and marketing communication design, motion design, typographic design and illustration is a plus.
- Experience designing for marketing upsell or e– commerce promotional experiences is a plus.
- Customer– centric mindset
- Contagious passion and enthusiasm for facilitating great design work
- Outstanding partnering and collaboration skills, system level thinking, enabling and leveraging organizational assets
- The ability to meet deadlines in a fast– paced environment via exceptional time management skills is critical.
– provided by Dice