Komoot is an app that lets you find, plan, and share adventures with its easy route planner. Driven by a love for nature and powered by the outdoor community’s recommendations, komoot helps you explore more of the great outdoors—wherever and however you want. And we’re good at it. Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times. Today, with over 30 million users and 300,000 five– star reviews, we are well on our way to becoming the most popular app for finding, planning, and sharing adventures worldwide.
Join our remote– working team and start your adventure with komoot.
About the role
To help our growing community in Europe and the US enjoy the outdoors, we’re looking to grow our team of editors to create and curate the most popular routes in France, Italy, the UK and the US.
This is a freelance and fully remote position. Editors are most successful in this role, when they can offer a time commitment of at least 10 hours a week on average and are available for a longer– term working relationship.
What you will do
The main task of the role is to create routes to inspire and guide our growing userbase of outdoor enthusiasts. These will be created using our route planner and based on a combination of research, your personal expertise and some data insights.
To bring those routes to life, you will improve existing user– generated content and create new Highlights, where there are content gaps.
You will also…
- Review and edit existing route and Highlight content to keep it accurate and looking fresh
- Search the komoot database for images and source pictures from external platforms
- Research the most popular routes, hotspots and points of interest in a given area and evaluate against our data
- Edit and update OpenStreetMap (OSM) data to improve and enrich OSM geo information for the entire outdoor community
- Localise route and Highlight names into additional languages
- Help with other ad– hoc tasks
Why you will love it
- You will utilize all of your greatest passions: The outdoors, researching and route– planning
- Your content will inspire and guide millions of people, from seasoned outdoor– lovers to novice hikers and cyclists
- We encourage you to work from wherever you want, be that on a beach, in the mountains, or from home.
- The hourly rate for this role is €18.50 (if you’re based in Europe)/ $ 19,50 (if you’re based in the US). You should be set up as a freelancer where you live and be able to invoice us.
You will be successful in this position if
- You have excellent local– level outdoor knowledge in several popular regions in at least one of the following countries: France, Italy, United Kingdom, United States
- In your region(s), you understand different access laws/countryside code of conduct or know where to find this information
- You have in– depth expertise in at least two of the following sports: bike touring, hiking, MTB, road cycling, gravel cycling, trail running
- You are an expert in planning routes digitally and can read maps
- You love to share your expertise and passion for the outdoors with like– minded people
- You are digitally– minded and always adopt the latest tools to improve your own efficiency
- You have an eye for the right images to illustrate your route content plus you know what image resources to use and how to attribute these correctly
- You are available to work for komoot on a weekly basis and for a longer period of time
- You are fluent in English. Additionally, being proficient in at least one of the following languages will be a distinct bonus: French, Italian, Spanish, German
- You are highly motivated, structured and target– oriented in your approach to work
- You are already used to longer stretches of desk– based work and concentrating on digital tasks
- Experience with geographical databases, especially Open Street Map, will be a bonus
Sound like you?
We would love to hear from you!
Please click the apply button and share with us:
- Your CV in English highlighting your most relevant experience
- Your availability (hours/week)
- Your location
- Your answers to our questions (see the application)
<!– – AI CONTENT END 1 – – >