Sportskeeda – For the hardcore sports fan
Fans don’t just follow the sport, they feel it – the pain, the passion, the guts, and the glory. When we at Sportskeeda look at sports fans we don’t see a crowd; we see you. We’re one of you, and we strive to keep you on top of every possible sports trend by creating engaging and insightful content at lightning– quick speed.
Established in 2009, Sportskeeda is a global sports content platform that covers the world’s biggest sports and esports subjects and serves over 100 Million fans every month. Our passionate team comprises top content creators from around the world who produce hundreds of well– researched content pieces on a daily basis.
We are a Great Place to Work certified organization, with employees and contributors working from various corners of the globe.
Experience: 1– 5 years
Nature of Employment– Contractual
Sportskeeda is looking for Sports Editors to join its team.
You will be part of the team that edits and publishes highly engaging sports content from writers across the world. We operate in an extremely competitive environment where quality and being first to market are paramount. This team is our first and last line of defense, delivering on our brand promise that Sportskeeda is home to the most engaging and premium sports content.
We expect the candidate to have deep knowledge and understanding of Football.
Fake news, sensationalism, plagiarism, and unreliable reports are increasing in frequency in sports and across the content industry. You will be quick on the foot and will be an expert in eliminating these landmines.
You will remain objective and yet have ideas to mentor and foster writers and drive positive change concerning quality.
This is a hands– on role and we need someone fast, accurate, and has strong judgment.
The candidate will have the following key responsibilities:
– The candidate will be expected to edit 350– 400 articles per month.
– Meet quality targets for accuracy and speed and continually contribute to improving team performance.
– Exercise objectivity and display strong judgment skills in approving and rejecting topics.
Desired Candidate Profile:
– We expect the candidate to have deep knowledge and understanding of Football.
– Impeccable grammar and punctuation and command over the language.
– Self– motivated and focused on meeting deadlines.
– Ability to work independently and be a quick learner.
– Respects deadlines and thrives in a highly competitive environment.
Essential Skills & Experience Required:
– 1– 5 years of experience in the content industry
– Must have prior copy editing/proofreading experience
– Ability to work independently and a proven track record of delivering results
– A fast learner with a positive outlook towards a target driven work culture