To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Marketing Job Details
Slack is on a mission to make people’s working lives simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We are looking for a skilled, curious marketer and wordsmith to join our fast-growing Marketing organization as a staff editor, based in San Francisco or remote.
This role requires top-notch editorial, project management and interpersonal skills. You’re a big-picture content strategist but still obsess over the little details that make a piece of content shine. You strive to create content that’s human and relatable, without corporate jargon. You’re eager to build subject-matter expertise that supports the overall growth of our company.
Content marketing is a critical driver of growth for Slack’s business. From producing content for our award-winning blog to developing in-depth case studies, data reports and marketing materials that enable our sales team, our editors play an essential role in growing awareness of Slack and showcasing its value for enterprise decision makers and end users alike.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What You’ll Accomplish
- Help millions of people discover a better way of working. You’ll develop a persona-specific content journey across every digital touchpoint, including our blog, Resources Library , sales kits, case studies, data reports, and email outreach.
- Bring innovative content ideas to life , from ideation through publication and promotion. This includes partnering with internal teams on art and design, social media assets and sales enablement. You’ll also help maintain an editorial calendar to keep our partners in the know.
- Cultivate writing talent. Manage relationships and production timelines with staff and freelance writers. You’ll recruit and onboard new freelance writers and help educate agencies on Slack’s voice and tone.
- Establish a reputation for rolling up your sleeves. You’re happy to jump in and write content or stage an article on WordPress as needed.
- Own content strategy for key cross-functional projects , including those with product marketing, solutions marketing, sales enablement, communications and more.
- Become an expert on Slack’s target messaging, audiences and core value propositions. You’ll pitch, assign and edit content that connects with and inspires leaders in engineering, sales, support, IT, marketing and more.
- Exhibit deep audience empathy. Ensure that every piece of content brings value to its intended audience, whether that’s external customers or internal sales teams.
- Learn, maintain and develop the voice of Slack. We avoid “marketing speak” in favor of communicating in a way that is clear, concise and human.
- 5-7 years of experience* editing and writing high-quality content in the form of bylined articles, landing page copy, sales enablement materials, e-books, case studies, SEO content and more. We’re eager to review your portfolio.
- Exceptional communication, prioritization, project- and time-management skills.
- A keen eye for detail—you know exactly when to break out a style guide.
- A data-first mindset. You’ve been accountable for content performance and are comfortable adjusting strategy to meet business goals.
- Proven experience working cross-functionally on integrated marketing campaigns.
- Experience writing persona-driven demand generation and/or product marketing content.
- Experience crafting content strategy for industry-specific audiences, including the public sector, financial services, communications, manufacturing, life sciences and consumer goods
- Journalistic and/or B2B SaaS background
- An interest in or experience with multimedia, including video, podcasts and webinars
- What’s more important to us than a number are the skills you’ve developed, regardless of the length of time it took to get where you are. Do you have 15+ years of experience? Great! Please apply. Have only three years but feel you meet the requirements above? We look forward to hearing from you.
What You’ll Need
Nice To Haves
Slack is a messaging app for business that lets you organize conversations into channels so everyone moves faster and stays in sync. It’s a platform that connects everyone in your business—employees, customers and partners—securely with each other and integrates easily with apps you use every day to get work done. And everything happens, using any device, within a digital workspace that’s super-easy to use.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $104,000. You may also be entitled to receive bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.As a federal contractor, Salesforce is required to verify that all US-based employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you receive an offer and are unable to get vaccinated for religious or medical reasons, you may request a reasonable accommodation.