THIS IS AN UNPAID VOLUNTEER POSITION.
Hello, I run a blog called Another Attempt which are autobiographical mini-stories written in a creative fashion. They primarily focus on my childhood experiences and my impressions of the world now. It is a place for me to practice vulnerability on my healing journey. As a result, I will need someone with a lot of sympathy and understanding.
I am in need of an editor/proofreader who can help me catch grammatical errors before publication. I have a unique sense of writing, so being a pure grammar critic won’t be helpful. I will need someone who understands my style of writing and feels like they can help. In addition, the ideal candidate will have some experience with poetry so that my poems will be clearer and more concise.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Strong grasp of the English language and creative writing
- Have a lot of sympathy for people with difficult pasts
- Knowledge of how to write and read poems
- Can dedicate 3 hours a week to this project
- Have some marketing ideas every once in a while (NOT REQUIRED, BUT IS A PLUS)
Another Attempt is very small right now, but I would love to market it so that it grows with the right audiences. Please take a look at it if it interests you: https://www.anotherattempt.com/
The application process for this position will include the following:
(1) apply through LinkedIn (2) quick survey regarding experience (3) quick phone call to get to know each other