We are on a mission to make science open so everyone can live healthy lives on a healthy planet
Who We Are
Frontiers is the 3rd most– cited and 6th largest research publisher and we publish groundbreaking discoveries by the world’s top experts.
Scientists empower society and our mission is to accelerate scientific discovery by making science open. We place the researcher at the center of everything we do and enable the research community to develop the solutions we need to live healthy lives on a healthy planet.
Join the publishing revolution.
Are you motivated by ambitious goals and enjoy communicating with scientists? Would you like to bring your resilience and target focused approach into Frontiers’ mission of making science open? We are seeking an enthusiastic and target– driven professional for a full– time position of Editor Outreach Specialist.
Our Editor Outreach Specialists profile academic experts for editorial positions for the Frontiers journal series and reach out to them to explain the role with the aim of bringing them on board. This job opportunity requires customer focus, persuasion skills and integrity. The position will provide the successful candidate with an excellent opportunity to be part of a new team in a fast growing publishing company and contribute to the scientific community recruiting the best editors, adding excellent value to the dissemination of Open Science.
Reporting to the Editor Outreach Manager and working closely with other editorial staff, the position will involve identifying and recruiting new editorial board members as well as managing the daily communications with editors on behalf of the editorial office.
- Support the Editor Outreach Manager in expanding the editorial boards of Frontiers journals, in particular recruiting new editors
- Liaising with internal teams on editor recruitment strategies
- Profiling researchers and identifying suitable editorial board candidates
- Monitoring progress to targets related to editorial board expansion sending reminders and resolving delays
- Suggesting process improvements or platform developments
- A degree or higher with a keen interest in dissemination of research
- Related work experience in a commercial or academic environment, experience in STM or Academic publishing would be beneficial but is not essential
- Excellent communication in written and spoken English, including excellent telephone manner and high attention to detail
- Ability to work to ambitious targets, meet tight deadlines and prioritize varied workload under pressure
- Flexibility and ability to work as a team member
- Ability to work independently and make thoughtful decisions
- Strong administration skills and fluent proficiency with MS Office applications
Your application should include:
- A cover letter and resume
- The indication of your earliest availability
With more than 50 nationalities represented in our global team, you will work regularly with teammates in other countries, and with our community of researchers, editors, and authors from around the globe.
Our mission to create solutions for healthy lives also extends to the working environment we provide for our employees.
100% remote working
Employees now have the flexibility to choose where they want to work, with remote working available on a part– or full– time basis (not applicable to some Workplace/IT jobs due to nature of role requiring presence onsite, in the office).
Learning and development
All employees have access to LinkedIn Learning (and Pluralsight for our technology team), an annual personal learning budget, and dedicated L&D time.
We offer free online yoga classes, an employee assistance plan, access to the Headspace app, and four wellbeing days on top of your annual leave allowance.
Employees can dedicate three days each year to volunteer for a personal cause or through our volunteering partner platform, Alaya.
Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination – including based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives.
<!– – AI CONTENT END 1 – – >