Job Title: Medical/Pharma Editor/Proofreader
Client Location: Remote
Starting: 05/30/2022– EOY+
Salary/Pay Rate: $50 hr
Hours: Part– time– This is a remote position and the hours are 20– 40 hours a week depending on the workload.
This is a remote position and the hours are 20– 40 hours a week depending on the workload.
Medical Education or Pharma agency experience required.
Proofreading, Editing and Fact Checking required.
• Edit and proofread copy for assigned and other brands as needed
• Fact check annotated copy using provided references, ensuring acceptable sources are used
• Collaborate and communicate with Editorial Director and team members to maintain quality and meet goals
• Prioritize and manage workload, meetings, and various tasks to ensure all deliverables are met with excellence
• Thoroughly understand assigned brands and product categories
• Demonstrate a drive to ensure adherence to client and brand guidelines
• Contribute ideas/feedback for improving process and minimizing error
• Offer guidance and training to junior team members and freelancers to ensure integrity of editorial process
• Proactively offer and provide help to others to ensure all work moves through the department efficiently
• Create/maintain brand style guides and bibliographies in a timely manner
• Understand and execute AMA style and varying editorial styles per brand needs
• Any College degree
• 3 to 5 years medical editing and fact checking experience in a pharma ad agency/medical education environment (agency experience preferred)
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with a motivated, self– starting attitude
• Ability to creatively adapt to changing deadlines, providing recommendations as needed
• Knowledge of AMA style and FDA guidelines governing pharmaceutical products
• Solid ability to use MS Office (including Outlook, Teams, and Word), Adobe Acrobat, and/or ProofHQ