We’re looking for a sharp Editor to join our growing MedTech publication. You’ll regularly edit and write stories leading coverage of the device and diagnostics sector and other elements of the evolving medtech industry, from breaking news briefs to in-depth original stories. You will assign and edit stories to reporters and freelancers, plan big projects, cultivate relationships with stakeholders, and collaborate with a small team. This position reports to the Managing Editor.
What You Can Bring To The Table
- Strong editing, reporting and writing skills. Experience covering the medical device sector or healthcare is strongly preferred.
- A track record of proven business writing and reporting in a fast paced news environment.
- Ability to interpret and analyze business concepts, industry trends, and major news stories, including M&A, and financial reports.
- Ability to build relationships with industry, government and other sources and grasp complex subjects related to medtech.
- Strong digital news knowledge and aptitude.
- Deadline-oriented time management skills; ability to turn around stories on tight deadlines, including breaking news coverage.
- Bachelor’s degree or better in journalism, English or similar field.
- At least 3 years’ experience writing, reporting and/or editing. Preferably in the medical device, technology or closely related field.
What You’ll Do
- As Editor, you’ll work on shaping coverage, making assignments, editing stories, sending our daily newsletter, and doing some writing and reporting of your own.
- Develop and shape story ideas and longer analytical pieces and projects. Work with reporters and writers to produce these stories, and edit for substance and style.
- Identify key industry storylines we can own, monitor industry developments and work with the team to plan ahead for coverage.
- Track analytics to gauge what stories are resonating with readers.
Not all candidates will check all of the requirements listed above, and that’s OK — we still want to hear from you. Industry Dive strives to provide an inclusive and welcoming environment, and applicants who belong to traditionally underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Industry Dive is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
If you feel comfortable doing so please feel free to note which pronouns you use in your application (for example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, ze/zir/zirs, etc.)
Industry Dive will not be able to sponsor applicants for work visas.
About Industry Dive
Industry Dive is a leading business journalism company. More than 11 million decision-makers across 20 competitive industries rely on its exclusive insight and analysis delivered through 23 publications. Industry Dive was founded in 2012 to provide business leaders with the information they need to move industries forward. Our team of reporters, editors, designers, and marketers delivers insights and programs that spark innovation, fuel growth and shape agendas in every industry we cover.