Are you a rock star editor with a solid understanding of the Chicago Manual of Style? Are you passionate about plain language and readability? Are you confident in your ability to identify and fix jargon, clichés, passives, and other common writing problems?
We’re looking for an editor to join our team of content professionals. If you’re a top-notch editor with basic project management skills, we want to talk to you! And we’d be over the moon if you were familiar with web publishing and HTML, content management systems (CMSs), search engine optimization, and content strategy.
E Source is a solutions-based consulting, research and advisory, and data science firm that’s been a change agent in the utility industry for over 30 years.
The ideal candidate will be able to work with authors on everything from highly technical 3,000-word reports to short blog posts. You should be a meticulous copy editor who has a working knowledge of the Chicago Manual of Style. You must be flexible, diplomatic, able to roll with changes when project priorities shift, and able to juggle multiple assignments at one time. Experience with Microsoft Office applications—especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint—is a must.
What You’ll Do
- Manage publishing projects. Keep track of projects as they travel through the publishing process. Fearlessly overcommunicate with team members to keep projects on schedule, trading work with other editors as needed to keep your workload manageable. Use our workflow tools to transparently show progress on projects.
- Edit, create basic charts and tables, and provide quality assurance. Follow the Chicago Manual of Style and in-house style guide to copy edit reports, white papers, webinar presentations, marketing materials, and blog posts—all without changing meaning or losing the author’s voice. Prepare simple charts using Microsoft Excel. Proofread content and manage quality-control checklists to minimize errors.
- Publish and maintain online content. Code HTML layouts and upload content to our CMS, ensuring that it’s tagged properly so customers can find it on our website. Work on the back end of the website to update, archive, or delete web pages, as instructed by a content owner.
- Embrace special projects. Help with in-person and online events, author training, and other support tasks.
What Will Make You a Good Fit
- At least four years of editing experience; we’ll evaluate your skills with editing and proofreading tests
- Ability to work collaboratively with content creators who have varying levels of writing skill
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Proficiency in basic web publishing processes and HTML coding or the ability to learn these skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to juggle competing deadlines, and a collaborative but assertive spirit
- Knowledge of the energy industry and energy-related subjects is a major plus, as is project management experience
A Little About E Source
Since 1986, E Source has focused on partnering with utilities to help their customers save electricity. That novel approach defined the art of electric end-use efficiency—better known as energy efficiency. We’ve expanded that concept to include a broader perspective for utilities that deliver electricity, natural gas, and water.
We work to enhance relationships with the people utilities serve, achieve the next generation of savings, and lead the carbon-reduction effort. We help utilities and cities think differently, make data useful, and learn from the best strategies across the industry. Our people, our insights, and our network help our clients and give them the assurance that the programs they implement are the most effective.
- We offer excellent insurance packages, including medical, dental, and vision plans; company-paid life insurance; company-paid long- and short-term disability insurance; and medical and dependent-care flexible spending plans.
- We provide a flexible time off (FTO) program; E Source employees can take as many paid days off per year as they need, with manager approval, while fulfilling their work obligations and ensuring proper coverage of their responsibilities.
- We offer flexible schedules, flexible work locations, and a paid parental leave benefit.
- We provide a 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match.
The budgeted salary for this position is $55,000 to $70,000 + annual bonus. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
This person can work remote, a hybrid schedule, or from one of our physical office locations.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We’re unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment visas at this time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.