Leaf Group is a house of brands, creating and cultivating digital-first companies in growing lifestyle categories: Fitness & Wellness (Well+Good, Livestrong.com); Home & Decor (Hunker, Society6, Deny Designs), and Art & Design (Saatchi Art, The Other Art Fair). Additionally, we have performance focused brands in key categories such as Travel, Pets, and DIY (OnlyInYourState, Cuteness, eHow). Our media and marketplace brands are authentic and authoritative, reaching a large and growing passionate audience.
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We look for proactive, accountable people focused on continuous learning and growth to push themselves and our businesses forward.
Hunker believes good design should be a part of everyday life—and that you don’t have to be an expert to make it happen. We are looking for a mid-level Editor to cover trending news, assign features, and help us on our mission to make design accessible to all.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for an Editor grows with us.
You’ll Report To: Senior Lifestyle Editor
A typical day as an Editor might include:
- Writing and/or editing 1-3 pieces of content about home, decor, food, wellness, or design. This might include sourcing and pitching trending news.
- Working with a small number of contributors to assign and edit their content.
- Monitoring essential social/news platforms for trending topics.
- Monitoring traffic and Google Analytics to quickly identify emerging successes.
- Assisting Senior Lifestyle Editor with quarterly tentpoles.
- Pitching larger stories with a focus on diversity, inclusion, and making design more accessible to everyone.
You’ll be successful if you can quickly turn around interesting, innovative, and high-performing news and lifestyle stories.
What You Have:
- 3-4 years of relevant editorial experience
- Interest in the home decor space and passion for lifestyle content
- Proven experience driving traffic and chasing trending stories at a comparable publication
- Understanding of news platforms (Apple News, Flipboard, Smartnews, etc) and the types of content that drive engagement on those platforms
- Commitment to discovering new voices and promoting diversity
- Editorial management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats – no job being too small or too large.
- We’re casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. Personal accountability goes a long way. We believe we are the change.
What We Have:
Leaf Group is among the 2022 & 2019 Built In LA Best Places To Work
Among Comparably’s 2021 Best Companies for Company Culture, Company Perks & Benefits, Company Compensation, Best CEO for Diversity, and Best CEO for Women
eHow is the 2019 & 2020 People’s Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
OnlyInYourState is ranked the #3 Travel and Information Site (ComScore)
Well+Good is the 2019 People’s Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
Leaf Group is among TalentDesk’s 2019 Best Companies To Work For
Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company AwardMyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
For full-time permanent roles:
Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
Gender neutral family leave
Paid-to-play vacation rewards
Discretionary unlimited vacation time
Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Step 1: A video/phone call with a member from our Hiring Team. In this call, we will cover the basics of the role and our company, and discuss a high level overview of your past experiences, goals, and interest in this role.
Step 2: A call with your potential manager or someone from the hiring team to dive deeper into your experiences and goals.
Step 3: A short assessment to help us see your skill sets as they relate to the role we have. We will review this in Step 1.
Step 4: Depending on the role, interviews with key stakeholders from the role (could be 1 or up to 3) who will dive further into the role with you and answer any questions you may have.
Leaf Group is a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace that reflects our customers and the world we live in. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply for our roles. Leaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Agency Disclosure: If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.