Opportunity at a Glance
The editor has a strong background in magazine publication and knowledge of international financial crime prevention, financial regulation and associations. The editor will report to the editor-in-chief on a daily basis and will assist in the planning, coordination, review, and editing of content for all platforms of the magazine and social media.
- Ensure the quality, timeliness and originality of the content published
- Participate in editorial meetings (editorial committee), conferences and training
- Assume the duties of a senior or managing editor when necessary
- Mentor and supervise the editorial assistant
- Maintain and generate reports with respect to the performance, evaluation and progress of the publication
- Edit content across multiple media platforms and regions (e.g., Europe, U.S., MENA, etc.)
- Make recommendations for the improvement of the quality of content for readability and design
- Review content thoroughly with respect to its content, style, grammar and design
- Keep contributors on deadline
- Liaise with different departments in gathering content and numbers for fulfillment
- Plan and assist in writing the editorial calendar for quarterly publication and select online columns for media kit annually
- Oversee social media accounts (e.g., generate ideas, edit and manage content)
- Completes other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism or related area and five or more years of editing and proofreading experience
- An internal candidate for the role should have or be pursing the CAMS designation
- Individual must be highly organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, and a creative thinker/problem solver
- Proficiency in MS Office, InDesign, Photoshop or other publishing tools required
- Ability to collaborate and independently make decisions when necessary
- Detail oriented, critical thinker, strong content sense and creative
- Ability to prioritize tasks, manage conflicting deadlines, coordinate project schedules, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional copy editing, proofreading and writing skills to ensure proper house style, usage, consistency and fact-checking (including ability to review and mark up copy using conventional copy editing and proofreading marks).
- Social media experience
- Ability to work in an international market
- Ability to speak Spanish, French, German a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Should have an ability to work under pressure and work in tight deadlines ensuring timely and quality execution of the work assigned
- Good understanding of publishing procedures and should keep themselves updated with current developments in multiple publication platforms
- Proficiency with electronic editing using PDFs and with website content management systems is required
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
As an organization dedicated to educating the healthcare leaders of tomorrow and empowering members to make inspiring contributions to our global community, we know that it is our responsibility to lead by example and continue minimizing the risks of spreading COVID-19. Employment at Adtalem and/or its subsidiaries requires compliance with the organization’s Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, to the extent permitted by the laws of your country, province/state, and/or local area. All employees in areas of the world that permit mandatory COVID-19 vaccination are required to be fully vaccinated within 60 days of their date of hire unless they receive an exemption from Adtalem’s HR Coaching Resource Center because of issues such as access or an approved medical or religious accommodation.
Who We Are
ACAMS is the largest international membership organization dedicated to providing opportunities for anti-financial crime (AFC) education, best practices, and peer-to-peer networking to AFC professionals globally. With over 90,000 members across 180 jurisdictions, ACAMS is committed to the mission of ending financial crime through the provision of anti-money laundering/counterterrorism-financing and sanctions knowledge-sharing, thought leadership, risk-mitigation services, ESG initiatives, and platforms for public-private dialogue. The association’s CAMS certification is the gold-standard qualification for AFC professionals, while the CGSS certification is its premier specialist qualification for sanctions professionals. ACAMS’ 60 Chapters globally further amplify the association’s mission through training and networking initiatives. Visit acams.org for more information.