AEG Power Solutions is a worldwide leader in power supply and power conversion technologies for industrial and renewables applications. We design and provide our solutions to blue chip customers on large projects for power generation, infrastructures, nuclear, renewable energy and oil & gas processes. Our 800 employees operate in 15 countries with a strong European and Asian footprint.
Our company is considering fantastic opportunities to grow both organically and through acquisitions in our traditional sectors but also in adjacent technologies. We are specifically targeting the energy storage and green hydrogen applications with our truly unique capabilities. In order to evaluate these opportunities and design our growth strategy, the VP for Operations and our GM for our entity in Vitoria is looking for a Director of Operations.
Reporting to the Managing Director and VP of Operations, the position is accountable for ensuring the P&L lines for revenues and VM in line with the budgetary objectives and in coordination with the other departments such as Project Management, Industrialization, Finance, Sales and Service. This person will lead and manage the execution of plant operations to meet and improve customer requirements in terms of quality and lead times. To achieve these goals, will take ownership of the functional teams, Master Planning, Application Engineering, Supply Chain, Production, Quality and Logistics.
This position requires relocation to Vitoria– Gasteiz where our factory is located.
- Commit to product quality and safety as the key differentiators or our brand attributes in the market.
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day– to– day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Be accountable for the business objectives associated to its responsibility, such as revenues, and variable margin.
- Assist the Managing Director in planning and executing the CAPEX budget for improved plant performance.
- Develop systems and processes for operational excellence. Track and optimize variable costs, inventory, productivity, etc. compiling metrics, and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets.
- Adapt production capacity and flexibility to the market demand while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining quality standards.
- Be accountable for targets in production output, product quality and on– time delivery, as key variables to build customer satisfaction.
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results.
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus.
- Monitor operations, ensure dynamics for continuous improvement and trigger corrective actions where necessary.
- Share a trusting relationship with workgroup, recruit, manage and develop plant staff.
- Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime.
- Influence and learn from below.
- Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Proven managerial experience for at least 10+ years within the industry of power electronics or electronic components, or electric machines.
- Adequate knowledge of business operations in an industrial environment, ideally running the manufacturing processes for hi– tech products; as well management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation).
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise.
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory, and stewardship processes.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example.
- Strong team building, decision– making and people management skills.
- Ideally Degree in Engineering.
What we offer
We offer an excellent opportunity for professional development in a historic company, with an extraordinary brand recognition, market leadership and global presence. The location of the factory also provides a privileged working environment, as well as stable, flexible and highly competitive labor conditions.
<!– – AI CONTENT END 1 – – >