The Director of Leadership Development is responsible for the creation, adoption, and maintenance of Swissport leadership development strategy. This global role will lead the design, development, delivery, and sustainment of the end– to– end process ownership of global leadership development programs from first– line leader to senior– level leaders. This includes working with Senior HR leaders and line clients to drive adoption and ongoing utilization of core talent management processes.
- Own the global end– to– end learning process from analysing, designing, developing, delivering, evaluating, and measuring impact of leadership development initiatives and programs
- Facilitate leadership development programs and workshops face– to– face and on– line
- Develop, deliver, and evaluate leadership development formats, such as class– room seminars, workshops, instructor– led on– line session, and self– paced digital formats
- Develop and lead global implementation of 360° leadership development processes and leadership coaching standards and programs; manage internal and external coaching pools, measuring effectiveness and outcomes.
- Work with different Swissport learning organizations and 3rd party providers to develop and execute leadership development programs
- Run surveys, collaborate with focus groups, and interview stakeholders to ensure high contribution of leadership development to business performance
- Establish metrics for evaluating the performance of participants involved in leadership programs and their impact in the organization
- Manage financial and logistics aspect of leadership development programs
- Serve as organizational SME in Leadership Development, helping set the company’s overall LD strategy, delivering tangible value to our Swissport leaders
- Build relationships with senior business leaders and their teams, with HRBPs and his/her fellow HR Centers of Excellence (COE), and a wide array of potential external providers
- Maintain a strong connection to industry leaders of Leadership Development and continue development of personal and team subject matter expertise; assess the need and leverage best practices internally
Required Experiences and Skills:
- BA/BS degree required and minimum of 8 years of experience in leadership development, including experience working in a corporate leadership development department.
- Proven results in design and delivery of programs and processes that build leadership bench strength (e.g., methods for selection, assessment, performance management, development, and talent management/succession planning).
- Ability to proactively manage large, multi– year projects to ensure budgets, schedules & performance criteria are met.
- Experience integrating competencies into organizational initiatives that build leadership bench strength.
- Proven experience as a catalyst for continuous innovation, champion for change management, and influential and strategic thought leader.
- Evidence of being a strong team player with the ability to facilitate team building, develop effective partnerships and collaborate with a variety of stakeholders at all levels to accomplish goals.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; delivers clear, concise, and influential messages both verbally and in writing.
- Platform and facilitation skills including the ability to deliver interactive presentations, lead meetings and build consensus.
- Broad expertise in coaching, consulting, and mentoring; Assessment experiences is a plus
- The position includes up to 20 days/year of travel
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
In 2021, Swissport International AG provided best– in– class airport ground services for some 97 million airline passengers (pre– COVID 2019: 265 million) and handled roughly 5.1 million tons of air freight (2019: 4.6 million) at over 120 air cargo centres worldwide. Several of its warehouses have been certified for pharmaceutical logistics by IATA’s CEIV Pharma and by the British MHRA. The world’s leader in airport ground services and air cargo handling, with currently around 48,000 employees, was active at 287 airports in 45 countries on six continents as of 14 July 2022.
<!– – AI CONTENT END 1 – – >