Summary: The Designer, Survey works as part of a program management team collecting and processing a wide range of field information using a variety of methodologies including manual and laser measurement, CAD drawings, data applications, photography, and others as applicable. The Designer is responsible to execute on site survey assignments and office delivery assignments create as– built drawings on site; gather data on building equipment using mobile apps and taking spherical photographs of the existing building and other site– related conditions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following statements.
- Utilize survey tools (laser, tape, etc.) to gather, verify and document dimensions accurately
- Collect existing conditions data from building sites and provide photographic documentation
- Create as– built drawings including building floor plan, elevations, RCP, roof plan, site plan
- Create construction plans utilizing survey data.
- Provide quality assurance review of drawings and create redline correction sets
- Create virtual tours using technologies such as Panatour, Cloudberry, Amazon cloud storage and other related applications
- Prepare and deliver survey reports in accordance with company & client requirements
- Other duties as assigned
Culture, Leadership and Employee Development
- Exemplifies and promotes our values of integrity, respect, teamwork, excellence and charity.
- Serves as a role model and promotes professional behavior.
- Participates in company training programs and commits to self– development.
- Embrace key Sevan– wide initiatives, like Safety and Sustainability.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 4 year degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or related field (preferred)
- 3– 5+ years experience conducting building/structural surveying
- 3– 5+ years experience creating building drawings and construction lay– outs using AutoCad (required) and REVIT (preferred)
- Knowledge of commercial building design standards, building methods, details and materials
- Knowledge of ADA standards (preferred)
- Technologically proficient in computers, mobile technology, Microsoft Office applications, video conferencing and cloud storage systems; must have excellent written and verbal communication
- Highly independent and strong attention to detail; must be able to work under deadlines
- Experience demonstrating professional customer service interactions
- Able to independently manage travel schedules and accurately track & record expenses
- Must have an acceptable driving record and able to rent a car
Multi– shift work may often be required to accomplish work in active retail locations to meet aggressive schedules.
- Travel independently or with partners for extended periods in various geographies and demographic areas (urban, rural, etc.)
- Must be flexible, adaptable and able to work with fluid schedules and working conditions
- Able to work remotely in a home office setting and manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Must maintain a professional appearance and interact with on– site customers in a courteous and professional manner
- Able to work on your feet indoors and outdoors, in varying weather conditions.
- Able to climb a building roof ladder
Sevan Multi– Site Solutions, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, genetics, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.