As a Designer for Veracity Insurance Solutions, you concept, wireframe, prototype, and implement designs for Veracity’s online insurance products. You’re creative, talented, upbeat, and versatile. You work efficiently with minimal direction and enjoy variety in your work. Saul Bass is a god to you. Papyrus and Comic Sans are your mortal enemies. You’re a…UX-pert. You know way too much about the evolution of company logos, you talk too much about kerning, and you know design impacts the bottom line.
A lot of things changed in the last century—phones, fashion, even football—but insurance? Not so much. Standard practice for buying business liability insurance is nearly the same as a century ago: you go to your local agent who glues together different coverages to create the right policy; he/she then finds one or more brokers to put your policy together piecemeal before giving you a quote. It takes weeks, sometimes months. Sound like a headache? It is. That’s where we come in.
Veracity is disrupting traditional insurance by creating one-stop-shop eCommerce stores so business owners get an affordable insurance policy quickly, easily, and completely online.
Basically, insurance just became cool (and a lot more fun to market). Think insurance is boring? So did we! Ignorant about insurance? So were we! But insurance is far more fascinating than we thought, and you already know graphic design. We’ll teach you everything else.
A Day in the Life of the Designer
While there may not be a “standard day” in the life of a Designer, most days consist of collaborating, outlining, prototyping, testing, and implementing designs. You’ll be regularly creating layouts for our responsive websites, landing pages, lead magnets, emails, ads, print collateral and more. You’ll work closely with a Product Marketing Manager, Digital Marketing Specialists, and Copywriters to determine what designs are needed. From there, you’ll illustrate visual concepts, obtain approval, and prepare final designs and layouts that are ready to be used on our sites, printed marketing materials, user interfaces, in ads, and beyond. Things aren’t always #000000 and #FFFFFF, you may on occasion be drafted to help out in other areas, too.
What You Need to Succeed
To succeed, you’ll need to consistently create excellent visual work, with serious familiarity with software like Adobe XD, Illustrator, and related design production tools. Originality, a strong visual sense, and collaborating with others are must-have skills here. If you enjoy working with other talented people on projects and you understand the world of digital marketing and advertising (especially when it comes to UX design & Conversion Rate Optimization) you’ve got what it takes.
We offer 160 hours of PTO (sick or vacation) and two floating holidays (math majors say that’s 4+ weeks), a great 401k, 100% free mental health and therapy tools, health/dental/vision plans and more.
Of course, nothing compares to being part of explosive growth, impacting that growth personally, and working with some truly remarkable people. See what they say about working at Veracity: https://youtu.be/EFeOlVg3YLg
As a company we’re open normal business hours. As a team, some start early and leave early. Others arrive later and stay later. This can be a fully remote job, a blend of partially remote/partially in-office, or fully in-office in Pleasant Grove, Utah. You’ll work that and hours out with your manager.
How to Apply
- Submit your application through our website or the job board you found this posting on. Initial interviews will be either virtual or in-office, whichever you prefer. Since this job can be remote, relocation allowance is not currently available.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least three years of significant experience in graphic design and concepting and designing front end user interface Web solutions
- Proficiency in graphic design software (e.g. Adobe XD, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Knowledge of HTML
- An understanding of fundamental design, color, typography and composition principles
- Willingness to learn the world of insurance and insurance marketing
- A creative mindset with a track record of creating creative things…creatively
- A disdain for hovering Art Directors and Creative Directors (because we don’t have any)
- A humble, hungry, smart attitude with a penchant for collaboration and attention to detail
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) experience
- Web development and marketing automation (e.g. Hubspot)
- Experience with WordPress