Sanzaru Games is looking for talented and team-oriented generalist Game Designers with a focus on crafting narrative-centric experiences.In this unique role, the designer will work closely with many disciplines (artists, animators, engineers, audio designers, and level designers) to ensure special gameplay moments and features throughout the game are of the highest quality. The ideal candidate understands the logistical and technical challenges of bringing interactive experiences to life and has the skills to make it all happen. We are interested in mid- to senior-level game designers with a broad skillset spanning both systems and level design.
Designer (Questing) – Sanzaru Games Responsibilities:
- Drive the development of core content and gameplay systems from script to shipping product.
- Work closely with the Creative Director to define interactive dialogue events and conditions based on player progress.
- Collaborate with the Animation team to iterate on gameplay, assemble cinematics, and construct interactive branching dialogue sequences.
- Design and build effective testing strategies for both QA and internal team play-testing.
- Evaluate workflows, tools, and features needed to improve game content systems in collaboration with the Engineering team.
- Maintain documentation for all owned content and features.
- Provide regular status updates at team meetings to ensure that relevant parties are always involved and informed.
- Regularly play-test and provide constructive feedback, with a focus on gameplay and storytelling, while also integrating feedback from others.
- 3+ years of games industry experience as a designer.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, with proven experience identifying system design issues and creating solutions.
- Experience working in a self-sufficient and self-motivated environment.
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively.
- Experience multi-tasking and adapting easily to change, nimbly shifting focus as needed.
- Experience managing large and complex data sets (quests, inventory items, lines of dialogue, etc.) and gameplay loops (rule sets, rewards, etc.).
- Working knowledge of C++, Blueprint, or other game scripting.
- 3+ years of industry experience working in games as a designer (preferably PC/console), with meaningful contributions to narrative-centric content (quest design and quest systems, branching dialogue, mini-games, tutorials, cinematics, etc.).
- Experience working in Unreal, especially using Unreal Sequencer.
- Working knowledge of NPC AI systems.
- Thoroughly understands hardware limitations and how to design around them.
- Demonstrable interest in VR development.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.