You will prepare outside plant (OSP) drawings for telecommunications projects. You will have working knowledge of utility services and permitting requirements of municipalities. You will be skilled in utilizing AutoCAD or other current versions of the software.
In this role, you must be capable of drafting clear, detailed, and complete drawings with accurate detail that incorporates permitting ordinances, design inputs, sketches, field notes, and must be able to comprehend, interpret, and render verbal inputs from the field teams as required. A solid understanding and experience working in coordinate systems is desirable.
We offer an industry– leading benefits package, ongoing employee training and development, team building and career growth opportunities.
Apply now and come join the US LTS team today!
- Responsible for preparing permit or utility application drawings from conceptual to construction version, drawn to scale, appropriately detailed of the necessary information required for permit approvals
- Develop base maps from available municipal data sources, utility records, GIS datasets and field survey information
- Work with the GIS group to incorporate landbase, utility information, existing plant records and municipal data to create base maps
- Interact with engineers / designers to develop preliminary and construction drawings from preliminary concepts, surveys and design standards
- Prepare permit drawings, outside plant construction drawings, and final as– built drawings
- Prepare plan and profile drawings in CAD which include duct design, occupancy, route alignment, manhole and structure details
- 2 – 4 years of experience with Telecommunication utility outside plant (OSP) networks
- Experience and applied knowledge in AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of coordinate systems, projections and interacting with GIS databases
- Experience with Microsoft Suite (Word and Excel)
- Working knowledge of GIS databases, including Google Earth or ArcGIS