Who We Are
International Justice Mission (IJM) is the global leader in protecting vulnerable people from violence around the world. Our global team of over 1,200 professionals are at work in 33 offices. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
After almost 25 years of continued growth and operational success in pioneering the work of protecting those who are experiencing poverty from violence, IJM has become a $100+ million organization. As IJM continues this trajectory of growth and scaling of its impact, with the Vision to protect 500 million people by the year 2030, IJM’s Regional Creative Director, North America is seeking an artistic and innovative Designer to provide design support on marketing, content creation, and digital initiatives across the North America region.
The Designer will partner and support Creative and Marketing, Communications, Digital and audience teams to ensure that IJM North America’s creative initiatives are brought to market with excellence. We are seeking fresh creative thinking and proven success in creating visual identities and campaigns with an understanding of website/digital design that brings innovative solutions to strategic marketing challenges.
This position is based at IJM Headquarters in the Washington, DC area or may be remote (in the US) and reports to the Regional Creative Director, North America. Recruitment contact: Kirsten Caudill
- Digital Design: This position will conceptualize, develop and design emails, social media posts and digital experiences on IJM digital platforms;
- Campaign Design: This position will deliver exceptional design services to support campaign initiatives and marketing efforts; and
- Data Informed, User focused Innovation: Implement latest and developing design trends to keep IJM fresh and top– of– mind for North America audience. Adapt and implement changes to increase responsiveness to creative based on data.
- Bachelor’s degree qualification in Visual Communication, Graphics Design, Multimedia etc.;
- 3+ years at an agency or on a team focused on Creative/Branding/Digital;
- Knowledge of design and rapid prototyping tools, preferably Sketch and InVision preferred;
- The ability to work quickly, efficiently, and accurately within all required aspects of the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) preferred;
- A portfolio that shows strong execution applied across a range of deliverables;
- Highly conceptual thinking in both digital and visual design;
- Experience with wireframing and prototyping tools;
- Strong ability to provide clear creative direction and provide timely and helpful feedback to improve creative processes to keep work on budget and schedule;
- Retouching and color correction expertise a plus;
- Strategic thinker with a keen, in– depth understanding of the digital marketplace and industry trends;
- Strong presentation skills working with the client and design team;
- Work collaboratively with all levels of designers and copywriters—with the ability to lead while fostering the team;
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills; and
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi– task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast– paced environment.
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
- Self– starter with strong initiative;
- Disciplined with priorities;
- Strong interpersonal skills and self– awareness;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication;
- Flexible, collaborative and eager to support others;
- Effective team player who fosters collaborative environment; and
- Adept at creative problem solving.
What does IJM have to offer?
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- Monthly commuter and parking benefits
- Generous 6% retirement contribution
- Paid leave starting at 23 days
- 11 holidays (plus early release the day prior)
- Relocation reimbursement
- Daily, quarterly and annual community spiritual formation
- Robust staff care resources
Upload Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith* in one document.
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.