The Second Renaissance is Here. Join Us.
Our mission has always been to enable creators to do what they love and get paid by the people who love them. Today, there are over 200,000 creators sharing their work on Patreon, earning over $100M per month from more than 7 million patrons across the world. We’re incredibly humbled by the opportunity to help so many creators pursue their dreams and build passionate communities around them. And we’re just getting started.
To kick our mission into high gear, we’ve recently raised a Series F funding round of $155M at a $4B valuation. That’s over three times bigger than where we were just six months ago! This is proof of the incredible power and potential of creators, and of building this explosive economy. We’ve been funding the creative class since 2013 and have raised a total of $410M from the following investors: Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, NEA, Lone Pine Capital, Glade Blook, Tiger Global Management, Woodline Partners, CRV and Wellington.
To learn more about our origin story, check out Guz Raz’s How I Built This with Patreon co-founders, Jack Conte and Sam Yam.
As a Designer at Patreon, you’ll be joining a dedicated creative team, designing engaging and dynamic content ranging from one-off social posts to large scale paid media, brand, and creator launch campaigns. We’re looking for a designer who can pitch ideas and execute them, design killer on-brand visuals, and collaborate closely with teammates and stakeholders, all in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
What You Will Do
- Take a creative brief and bring it to life through moodboards, design, and design.
- Create original, standout work that puts Patreon at the leading edge of culture.
- Be a hands-on champion of brand design, along with being detail-oriented to drive consistency across assets.
- Own your projects from conception to completion with guidance from a Creative Lead.
- Collaborate with a team of designers and writers.
- Use creative problem solving to find answers to concepts, content, and designs.
- Design for a variety of platforms – social, email, web, and print (for event build outs).
- Stay up to date with the changing trends in the field and best practices.
Skills And Experience You Possess
- Hands-on attitude. Willingness to own and see a project through production.
- 3+ years of relevant design experience, preferably at an agency or in-house.
- Good collaboration skills through listening to others, participating in critiques, and consistently communicating projects to managers.
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Strong eye for aesthetics and visual details to ensure a final quality product.
- Active listener with the ability to take direct feedback and execute upon it.
- Creative, passionate, sense of humor, and easy-going spirit
- Experience in Adobe Suite and Figma
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- UI/UX and web design experience are nice to have, but not required.
Who You’ll Work With
At Patreon, you’ll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Values
- Put Creators First. WHEN CREATORS WIN, WE WIN.
- Build with Craft. WE SIGN OUR NAME TO EVERY DELIVERABLE.
- Make it Happen. WE DON’T QUIT, WE LEARN AND DELIVER.
- Win Together. WE GROW AS INDIVIDUALS, WE WIN AS A TEAM.
Want to Learn More About Patreon?
- Check out TechCrunch’s article about our focus on membership.
- Listen to our CEO Jack and Co-Founder Sam chat with Guy Raz on NPR’s How I Built This .
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn .