Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on– demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year– over– year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Do you want to play a meaningful role in helping an energetic and growing company achieve a world– class brand presence? We are looking for a multi– disciplinary Creative who will push the bounds of creativity, and influence our team through their work, process, and strategic approach to campaign design!
The Toptal Brand Experience team’s mission is to continually elevate the brand of Toptal through content, ideas and advertising. As a Designer, you will design a range of campaign marketing assets and experiences, including landing pages, social media assets, campaign visual identity, billboards, and video assets, among many other things.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- You will be responsible for ensuring consistency across our campaign touch– points. You will elevate Toptal’s design expression by generating innovative ideas, finding new visual ways to tell our story, and staying up– to– date on design trends.
- Constructively partner and liaise with internal leaders: participate in kick– off calls, brainstorming sessions, and in the ongoing management of each design project.
- Collaborate with Creative Directors, Art Directors, Copywriters and Motion Designers to create creative campaign elements.
- Lead conceptual design explorations of various campaign assets.
- Serve as an authority on the Toptal brand and advocate for consistency, coherence, and design quality.
In The First Week, Expect To
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal, and learn Toptal’s brand system, called BASE.
- Consult with colleagues and collaborators on the Growth Marketing team, Brand Marketing team, and the Brand Experience team.
In The First Month, Expect To
- Design campaign assets and begin to share your design thinking with the team.
- Participate in brainstorming meetings with colleagues.
- Feel confident in fully self– managing your workload.
- Consult with stakeholders on upcoming projects to figure out scope and timing.
In The First Three Months, Expect To
- Be fully integrated into the Brand Experience team.
- Own one large– scale project and multiple small projects.
- Work with Art Directors, Copywriters and Motion Designers to create brand assets.
In The First Six Months, Expect To
- Be responsible for crafting a fully integrated campaign that may include designing materials for an event.
- 4– 6+ years of professional design experience at an agency or in– house.
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates a strategic approach, creativity, and superb design chops.
- Display a human– centered, empathetic approach to design that’s inquisitive, strategic, and well– reasoned.
- You know how to work within existing brand guidelines – knowing when and how to flex them if need be.
- Superb attention to detail in typography, composition, and craftsmanship.
- Reliable self– starter who can prioritize multiple projects with minimal oversight.
- Great presentation skills with the ability to explain your creative vision and listen to feedback.
- Friendly, supportive and collaborative. This team is a strength– in– numbers kind of team; we make each other better.
- Mastery of Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud; Proficiency in project management software such as Trello, Asana.
- You must be a world– class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
For Toptal Use Only: #individualcontributorSA #canada