Hypebeast Ltd. started from a sneaker website founded by Kevin Ma in 2005 to a publicly listed media company in 2016. With a total reach of over 44.6M users across all platforms, The media group boasts a global readership across Asia Pacific, North America, Europe and more, with the flagship platform available in five languages. The group has expanded its publishing brands to a wider scope in recent years, encompassing Hypebeast and its multiple content distribution platforms, HBX, our e-commerce and retail platform, and Hypemaker, our global agency. Hypebeast Ltd. has been featured in Forbes’ “Asia’s 200 Best Under A Billion” in 2020.
HYPEBEAST is looking for an Editor to join our expanding crypto and web3 editorial team.
We are looking for an experienced journalist with strong knowledge of crypto terminology who can identify trends and package them in an easy-to-digest news format. This role will require you to contribute editorial stories for HYPEBEAST’s crypto vertical, drawing from your contacts and knowledge of the space to secure exclusive interviews and keep a pulse on new developments.
This is an exciting opportunity to help develop our crypto newsroom and is ideal for someone with an editorial background who is passionate about all things web3, including cryptocurrency, NFTs, DeFi and the metaverse. We are looking for an original thinker who is adept at telling stories in creative and engaging ways.
- Write 5-7 crypto-focused editorial pieces daily for HYPEBEAST’s crypto vertical, with a focus on relevant, timely, and impactful news for a global audience.
- Monitor breaking news and stay ahead of trends in the crypto space.
- Produce editorial features relevant to a diverse audience of crypto enthusiasts, aligned with the HYPEBEAST editorial tone and values.
- Build a line of communication with PRs, brands, and talent within the crypto market.
- Identify emerging subcultures and new communities that HYPEBEAST can grow into, in order to expand our audience reach and strategize growth.
- Work in close collaboration with our Sales team to manage and maintain brand partnerships.
- Work closely with HYPEBEAST HQ in Hong Kong to ensure editorial alignment.
- 3+ years of experience in news writing or content creation. Experience writing tech, business or crypto news is a plus.
- Excellent proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced news environment.
- Knowledge of popular crypto forums across Reddit, Discord and Twitter.
- Proficiency in WordPress and Basic Photoshop knowledge.
- Passion, energy, and enthusiasm for crypto content and a strong desire to stay ahead of trends.
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends if required.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please provide your cover letter, CV, writing samples and expected salary.
This position is based and located in New York. Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States.
Personal data collected is for recruitment purpose only.