As a Communications Manager/Spokesperson, the ideal candidate will be an allrounder in the areas of employee communication/community management, social media management, media relations and corporate publishing. The role is part of a small, ambitious team at the Swissport head office in Zurich, Switzerland, with a strong international focus.
The jobholder also acts as the project manager for the introduction of a new employee app and its adoption as the principle engagement and leadership tool by leaders and employees. Responsibilities include the app roll– out in close collaboration with the HR and IT workstream owners on the global and local levels. A primary focus will be to drive app adoption and engagement with executives, community managers and Swissport staff around the world.
- Plan, create, edit and coordinate multimedia content (text, photo and video) for internal and external audiences and channels, including our new employee app, the corporate website, social media and other external and in– house formats.
- Seek alignment of content agenda and consistent messaging across all channels in collaboration with the “Head of Content & Storytelling” at Group Communications.
- Plan, prepare and manage local, regional, global internal communications activities.
- Manage media inquiries, prepare media statements, Q&As, briefings and media materials, and act as a company spokesperson for a range of topics and issues.
- Work with international communication, PR/Public Affairs and brand agencies.
- Principle project: Oversight of the new employee app introduction, as well as roll– out planning in close collaboration with the HR and IT workstream owners on the global and local levels. A key focus will be to drive app adoption and engagement with executives, community managers and Swissport staff across all employee groups.
- Advise leaders in effectively engaging with their employees. The role includes work– related travel to support the roll– out of the app across our global network.
- Act as an internal ambassador for communications in our global organization, with a special focus on positioning the Swissport employee app as a powerful leadership tool and engagement platform of choice for leaders and employees alike.
Key Performance Indicators
- Independent, high– quality multimedia creator for staff, media and on social media.
- Constructive contributions in an integrated Group Communications team.
- Successful and timely project planning, project management and execution.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree; preferably in Communications/PR, Business Administration, Management or Journalism.
- Creative mind with a pro– active and positive can– do attitude.
- Quick understanding of complex problems and self– driven problem– solving skills.
- Excellent English writing skills (near– native w/ long– stay in English– language country required), knowledge of French/ is an additional asset.
- 5+ years of experience in corporate communications, either as an internal editor and/or in a media relations role, preferably in an international environment.
- Talent for multi– media content creation, story– telling and targeted messaging for internal and external audiences. Experience in creating semi– professional videos.
- Intermediate level experience with social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok)
- ■Effective at communicating with stakeholders of all levels within the organization.
- Good at setting the right priorities and completing tasks efficiently and on time.
- Project management skills and attention to detail.
- Very good knowledge of MS Office. Photoshop and Adobe InDesign are a plus.
- Practical experience with a (non– specific) content management system/DXP.
- Native or bilingual English required
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
In 2021, Swissport International AG provided best– in– class airport ground services for some 97 million airline passengers (pre– COVID 2019: 265 million) and handled roughly 5.1 million tons of air freight (2019: 4.6 million) at over 120 air cargo centres worldwide. Several of its warehouses have been certified for pharmaceutical logistics by IATA’s CEIV Pharma and by the British MHRA. The world’s leader in airport ground services and air cargo handling, with currently around 48,000 employees, was active at 287 airports in 45 countries on six continents as of 14 July 2022.
<!– – AI CONTENT END 1 – – >