PeaceHealth is seeking a Coder I for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $21.30, more depending on experience.
This position will be performed fully remote. If telecommuting, PeaceHealth will provide the caregiver with necessary computer equipment. It is the responsibility of the caregiver to provide Internet access.
Must reside in Washington, Oregon or Alaska.
Utilizes knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, coding software, coding conventions, local medical review policy, APC’s, and hospital procedures to code outpatient medical records with ICD– 10– CM and CPT4 coding classification systems to ensure accurate, complete and consistent coding for quality data.
- Review medical record documentation and codes diagnoses and procedures using ICD– 10– CM and CPT4 coding conventions for the purpose of reimbursement, research, and compliance with federal and third– party payor regulations.
- Review the medical record to assure specificity of diagnoses, procedures and appropriate/optimal reimbursement for hospital and/or professional charges.
- Abstract information form medical records following established methods and procedures.
- Identifies problem documents and works with submitting departments to correct errors, including potential charging errors.
- Reviews and corrects claim and code edits as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of a formal coding program or combination of education and experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job required.
- Completion of a formal coding certificate/education program strongly preferred.
- Minimum of one year directly related work experience abstracting and coding information using ICD– 10– CM and CPT– 4 coding systems preferred.
- AHIMA/AAPC credential preferred: RHIA, RHIT, CCA, CCS, CPC– A, COC or CPC– H.
- If not currently certified, candidate must obtain basic credential/certification within one year of employment.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal or diagram form
- Demonstrated good judgment and decision– making skills
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Medicare/Centers for Medicaid Services (CMS) requirements
- Understands outpatient CCI & OCE edits and modifier assignment in compliance with coding guidelines.
- Ability to work in an independent and/or remote environment.
- 3M or other CAC experience strongly preferred.
- Epic EMR experience preferred
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. extended periods of sitting while reviewing records and entering clinical data into a computer monitor where noise level is moderate.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate or pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID– 19 including 2 doses of a 2– dose series or 1 dose of a 1– dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.