Powering Performance Marketplaces in Digital Media
QuinStreet is a pioneer in powering decentralized online marketplaces that match searchers and “research and compare” consumers with brands. We run these virtual– and private– label marketplaces in one of the nation’s largest media networks.
Our industry leading segmentation and AI– driven matching technologies help consumers find better solutions and brands faster. They allow brands to target and reach in– market customer prospects with pinpoint segment– by– segment accuracy, and to pay only for performance results.
Our campaign– results– driven matching decision engines and optimization algorithms are built from over 20 years and billions of dollars of online media experience.
We believe in:
- The direct measurability of digital media.
- Performance marketing. (We pioneered it.)
- The advantages of technology.
We bring all this together to deliver truly great results for consumers and brands in the world’s biggest channel.
QuinStreet is looking for an Assigning Editor to join the editorial team in a full– time role in the Insurance vertical, part of the Research and Publishing Division (RPD). In this position, you will perform key editorial functions, including writing and reporting, editing, developing article ideas, assigning work to freelancers, conducting SEO, creating surveys, and working with public relations and social media teams. This insurance group of RPD consists of three important websites – Insurance.com, Insure.com, and CarInsurance.com and produces data– based content packages with interactive tools, articles, guides (1,000 to 5,000 words), and feature articles. To be a successful Assigning Editor and thrive in our culture, you must:
- Be passionate about helping readers and ensuring that our insurance articles are consistently engaging, clear and actionable.
- Be able to edit consistently at a high level, including having the ability to rewrite articles for content, flow and accuracy.
- Be passionate about developing data– driven and research– based stories.
- Be a team player, able to collaborate well with freelance writers, web producers and other editors to produce high– quality and engaging content.
- Be comfortable being interviewed by media members for your articles.
- Be able to give constructive feedback, work through competing viewpoints and handle challenging conversations effectively.
- Develop new and interesting story ideas.
- Work up new ideas for interactive tools, surveys, and other content.
- Write, proofread and fact– check content.
- Track web metrics.
- Edit content for publication
- Research and assign new articles, in collaboration with the site producer and other stakeholders, to freelancers.
- Review data sets and turn insurance rate data into informative, accessible editorial content and interactive graphics.
- Review and edit press releases and social media content.
- Develop expertise in auto, home and health insurance.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in English, Communications, Marketing, or Journalism
- 2– 5 years of work experience in online content publishing, editing and copywriting, covering one or more insurance segments – Auto, Home, Life and Health insurance.
- Ability to multi– task, prioritize, and organize a large number of concurrent projects
- Comfortable working within a monthly and quarterly content budget and collaborating with other editors to stay within budget.
- Understand SEO and optimize content for ranking and engagement. This will be a substantial portion of your role.
- Strong editing and writing skills (knowledge of AP Style a plus)
- Experience with Microsoft Office, CMS (e.g., WordPress, Drupal), and task management tools – Jira, Asana.
- Familiarity with spreadsheet manipulation and filtering (must be comfortable with Excel)
- Familiarity with Google Analytics or similar software/tools – SEMRush, Ahrefs, etc.
- Moderate level of comfort working with basic HTML
- Understands the need and general process for long– term content planning
- Demonstrated communication abilities
- Able to learn new concepts/software quickly.
QuinStreet is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristics protected by law.