All Our Positions Are Volunteer Based As Arcadia Follows Non For Profit Aims For It’s Missions.
Volunteership Contract Duration Is 1 Year Term With Possible Extensions.
Who we are & What do we believe?
Arcadia is a non– profit organization that aims to share and spread academic content to people all around the world. It focuses on diverse sub– categories across all disciplines, from art, literature and history, to science as well as providing art contents on social media platforms. At Arcadia, the academic team consists of over 70 international writers and 218 members. Arcadia does write in many fields with Higher Education Academic level articles with the aim of sharing the knowledge our team has, to allow all the people around the globe to benefit from this knowledge without any charges or subscriptions.
Why Is This Position Remote / Online?
We believe that the internet is one of the greatest resources people have, giving us the opportunity to exceed our physical boundaries. Arcadia welcomes all regardless of gender, ethnicity, and age. We embrace diversity and as an international NGO with more than 59 different nationalities, our aim is to support diversity in our teams and give people all around the world the chance to work and grow in their fields of interest.
Arcadia positions began remote/online due to the COVID– 19 pandemic and remain so to enable people all around the world to have the opportunity to work with us.
Who We Are Recruiting For Position?
We, as Arcadia, are looking for people who are interested in the editorial department with supporting resumes for the position they are applying for. We will be hiring ten (10) people for our editorial team, internationally.
As an editor at Arcadia, you will be responsible for providing editorial support to writers who are producing high– quality academic articles. Working under the supervision of the Editor In Chief and in collaboration with the Chief Academic Advisor, you will be expected to be autonomous in your work but also able to effectively collaborate with various department members during the publication process. You will be responsible for reviewing and editing articles to ensure that they meet academic standards and are free of errors, and will use platforms such as Google Drive and Wix to assist writers and complete the publication process. You will work with writers to ensure that articles are completed within the allotted time frame, with writers having one week to complete their articles and editors having Friday to Sunday to edit and publish them.
If you are looking for a graduate position that will really give you the strongest start to your career, in an international work environment which genuinely cares about every member, then this is the role for you. We are looking for undergraduates who are enrolled in a Bachelor’s program or graduates with passion and enthusiasm, a willingness to learn and the drive to succeed in an international organization where they would like to have experience and learn in the field of editing and publishing.
Soft Skills & Strong Skills
- Researching and Communicating: Editors and writers are paired based on their bachelor’s degree background. As editor, you must be able to check the writers’ information and guide them while working collaboratively alongsideart consultants and academic advisors.
- Proofreading: Editors must read several articles and be able to fix grammatical and academic mistakes that their writers may have done.
- Delivering and Receiving Feedback: Editors have the responsibility to share honest feedback to their writers, delivering constructive criticism and suggesting areas for improvement, while being open for discussion. Conversely, editors must be open to receiving feedback from their teammates and superiors, with a willingness to learn and grow in the role.
- Reporting: Editors are required to submit a weekly report about their writers and their articles. Reports should provide feedback about topics such as communication with their writers, constructive criticism on their pieces, and pointing out areas of improvement.
- Editors are assigned between minimum 4 and maximum 7 writers, which equals to a maximum of 7 articles per week that need to be edited, proofread and published. Editors must be available for their writers during the writing process to answer questions or doubts about the article’s content.
- Editors must be able to build strong relationships and be trustworthy for their teammates and superiors. As they must be able to help their writers, they must also be able to assist the head of departments to give feedback on relevant exchanges.
- Editors will need to learn Arcadia’s Editorial Guidelines, as well as citations guidelines ( APA ) and be able to apply these guidelines to the articles. Writers are also aware of these guidelines, but it’s the editor’s responsibility to enforce these if writers have missed them. It’s crucial to give feedback to the writers on their mistakes.
- Minimum enrollment in Bachelor’s Degree. A Master’s Degree is not mandatory but would be an asset for the candidate.
- Advanced level of English both oral and written.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively work with various types of members and partners.
- Problem solver and ability to work independently.
- Able to engage in open, honest conversations with others, and to quickly, accurately convey key messages across different settings and audiences.
- Must be able to use applications such as Whatsapp, Zoom, Google Drive actively.
- Editorial experience over academic articles.
- Punctual to monthly meetings and weekly publication deadlines strictly.
- Be committed to Arcadia’s mission to provide high– quality content to people who are curious and willing to learn from all over the world.
- Be sensitive and open to cultural, gender, religious, ethnical, national, and age differences.
- Have high standards of integrity and discretion.
What we offer:
- An online certificate with international serial number, after completing 1 Year in Arcadia.
- The opportunity to work with a team of experienced art consultants, writers, and academic advisors, as well as receive training and guidance to develop your skills and knowledge in the field.
- Possibility of contract renewal with advancement at your field as an Academic Advisor at the end of your 1 Year according to evaluation of the High Publication Consul.
- The opportunity to work remotely, providing flexibility and the ability to balance your work with other commitments.
- The chance to work with a diverse team of individuals from around the world, supporting the organization’s commitment to inclusivity and diversity.
- Being credited with your name, picture and also being credited in the ” Editors ” section. (https://www.byarcadia.org/editors)
- A flexible schedule based on deadlines– based projects. Weekly workload of around 8 to 10 hours.
- Training sessions from our valuable and well– experienced team members.
- Being part of our volunteer– based organization, and the satisfaction of contributing and doing good to the world.
Arcadia is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, familial status and other legally protected characteristics.
<!– – AI CONTENT END 1 – – >